Author Topic: Prince of Persia  (Read 43500 times)

Offline Will

Prince of Persia
« on: March 18, 2008, 11:03:30 am »
There are about 27 different computer and console versions of Prince of Persia:

Amiga: NONE (There is no need to map it. It's identical to the DOS version)
Amstrad CPC: COMPLETED by me
Apple II: NONE
Atari ST: COMPLETED by me
Commodore 64: COMPLETED by Rekrul
DOS: COMPLETED by TerraEsperZ
Gameboy: COMPLETED by me
Gameboy Color: COMPLETED by me
Gamegear: NONE (There is no need to map it. It's identical to the SMS version)
Macintosh: NONE
NES: COMPLETED by me
PSP: NONE (There is no need to map it. It's identical to the DOS version)
Genesis: COMPLETED by me
Sega CD: COMPLETED by me
SMS: INCOMPLETE.
Sharp X68000: NONE
SNES: COMPLETED by Captain Drake. Demo level done by me
Turbografx 16: NONE

Of course the list does not show all the 27 but some of the computers and consoles have not yet been introduced to the site.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 12:26:46 pm by Will »

Offline Will

RE: Prince of Persia
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 11:06:11 am »
Maxim has not finished the SMS version. What do I mean by that? Well there is a level missing. Which one you ask? The mouse level - Level 8. In other words Maxim has skipped level 8 and named level 9, level 8. Do you see what I mean? So if Maxim could finish off the SMS version that would be good. Also is anyone interested in doing the Apple II and Commmodore 64 versions?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 11:18:19 am »
There is no such level in the SMS version.

Offline Will

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:42:12 am »
Oh you're convinced are you Maxim? You don't believe me? Try asking about it on the www.popuw.com forum or else the rom you have is a bad one and must be replaced with a better version. I have seen the mouse level for myself. If you're still not convinced, I will attempt to send a screenshot or two.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 02:44:17 pm »
There is 1 SMS version and 2 GG versions. The SMS version was dumped from *my cartridge* that I bought myself when the game was released back in '92 or so. I'm fairly sure about this.

Offline Will

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 02:47:05 pm »
Well if you'd care to double check, it will be fine, but if it truly is a Gamegear level, will you do it anyway, for the sake of completion and I will mark you as completor of both the SMS and the GG version maps.

Offline Revned

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 03:24:36 pm »
Now, I've never played Prince of Persia, but is it really necessary to map 27 versions of the same game? Unless they're considerably different, I can't see any reason to do more than 2 or 3...

Offline Will

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 03:32:15 pm »
If you must know, the reason I'm aiming for the maps of all the versions of Prince of Persia is for www.popuw.com , a website which is a huge POP archive and lacks the maps vgmaps does not have. The administrator Jalal is linking the maps from this website to his. I admire the many years of hard work it took him and many members to build this website, they even make many mods and custom levels of POP. I'm only requesting other versions to be done by helpers because I'm no good with really old consoles and computer systems. Of course those who accomplish the maps will respectively have their name kept on popuw. I'm also hoping the website becomes a new affliate if that's okay with Jon. Sure many versions are the same layout, but Jalal wants them all the same.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 03:41:19 pm »
Isn't it annoying to be wrong when you're so sure you're right? Password MJMJFF, I recognise the level, I have no idea why it's missing.

I'll map it ASAP. I'll have to re-hack the game to get rid of the status display and unmask the leftmost column as I did before.

[...]

; Prince of Persia mapping

[crc32:7704287d]

; no status

rom[237f]=0,0,0

; no enemy status

rom[238d]=0,0,0

; VDP regs: unmask left column

rom[6028]=16

; VDP regs: undo scrolling

rom[602e]=0

In case you are impatient.

Offline Will

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 04:19:31 pm »
No hard feelings Maxim. Take your time. I've changed my mind about sending the screenshots over. Good luck.

Offline marioman

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 04:27:48 pm »
Uhh...It looks like the admin of popuw.com is hotlinking those maps.  Wouldn't it be better to just directly link to vgmaps.com?

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 04:29:22 pm »
Maybe I can do the X68000 version.  It's seems simple enough.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 05:36:05 pm »
marioman Said:
Uhh...It looks like the admin of popuw.com is hotlinking those maps.  Wouldn't it be better to just directly link to vgmaps.com?

Hmmm, I thought I had that prevented.  Oh, maybe that was with the old host.  I'll have to see where the settings to prevent that are now.  Yes, he should've asked.  At least I don't remember him asking, for I would've told him that he can link to any page on VGMaps.com, but not the maps themselves...

Funny thing is, if people have been hotlinking now and I'm only using like 5% of my now-available bandwidth, that goes to show you how much more I've suddenly gotten.  Long gone are the days when I'd run out of bandwidth near the end.  :P

Anyway, at least the Prince Of Persia maps are easy to put up.  I like numerical stages for their ease of uploading.  :P

Is Prince Of Persia the most ported game ever?

Offline Revned

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 11:02:44 pm »
I doubt it. Probably Tetris.

Offline Will

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 01:00:36 am »
Don't worry if the hotlink is removed. I willingly sent some copies of my maps to the website. But I'm still wondering if popuw would make a good affliate. If not, it doesn't matter, I get in contact with frequently.