Author Topic: Mega Man 10 Announced  (Read 32135 times)

Offline RT 55J

Mega Man 10 Announced
« on: December 09, 2009, 04:15:11 pm »
- It's 8-bit (again)
- The first confirmed robot master is Sheep Man (who's electric).
- Proto Man is available from the start.
- There's a third playable character who's unrevealed (Bass or Roll?)
- Features an easy mode
- Plot: Mega Man has to build a vaccine-making machine to cure robots of the dreaded Robotenza (robo flu).
- Computer, lava, and ice themed stages confirmed.

GoNintendo Link
Pic (larger version)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 05:30:35 pm by RT 55J »

Offline TerraEsperZ

Re: Mega Man 10 Announced
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:43:25 pm »
Woohoo, great news! Looks like they intend on keeping Mega Man himself crippled like in 9, which annoys me because I'm not OD'ing on Mega Man 2 as the pinnacle of existence like everyone else, but at least Proto Man is sorta there to make up for it, even though I bet he'll be as fragile as in 9 too. But let's be fair: I found the actual stages and the double usage of pretty much every weapon to be superior to every classic game, so I'm confident that on that front they'll do just as good a job as before.

I do hope the remaining Robot Masters look better than Sheep Man because I'm not really feeling the design, on account of it not even looking like a robot.

Anyway, go Capcom! Or is that Inty Creates?
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 06:51:10 pm »
Mega Man and 8-bitness seem to go hand-in-hand.  I would've expected a 16-bit Mega Man X 9 before a Mega Man 10, but I'm not going to complain!

I expect legions of confused gamers who still think the X in Mega Man X is a Roman numeral when it never was.

I hope TenguMan gets around to finishing mapping Mega Man 9 soon so that, at least for a little while, we could say that VGMaps.com has maps for every single main-series Mega Man game...though actually I think we said that before Mega Man 9 came out since we had the full set of Mega Man 8 maps before December 2007 or so.  I think.  Wasn't there something else missing at the time?  I dunno.  Point is, marioman's Mega Man topic will forever have more games to be mapped.  :P

Offline marioman

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 06:58:42 pm »
Oh yes!  I knew that the silence at IntiCreates had to be broken soon.  The major questions now are who is the third playable character, and when will it be released.  I am kind of leaning towards Bass as the third character, but I will not rule out the possibility that Roll could be playable.  As far as the release date goes, Mega Man 9 was released about 3 months after its announcement.  Wonder if Mega Man 10 will follow suit...

Long live the ever-growing list of Mega Man games!

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2009, 08:21:41 pm »
Wow, I thought MM9 was going to be one-of-a-kind. I loved it, though, so I'm glad to get more!

I hope TenguMan gets around to finishing mapping Mega Man 9 soon

I've been keeping an eye on the Dolphin project. It has some projection issues with MM9, so I haven't been able to map it properly. I did, however, compare some sections to TenguMan's maps, and his are far from perfect...

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 11:08:27 am »

:P

Offline marioman

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 02:21:15 pm »
*Saves image*

At least it's not as confusing as Final Fantasy.  (FF X, FF X-2, FF XIII, FF Versus XIII, FF Agito XIII, etc.)

EDIT:

New Nintendo Power info courtesy of The Mega Man Network.

A new Robot Master, Commando Man, has been revealed along with some new stages.  They include a stadium (complete with a soccer/football-themed midboss), a sewer, and a desert.  These come after the initial NP report of a computer stage, an ice stage, and a lava stage.

Other info mentioned is that the Yashichi from Mega Man 1 is returning, and that there will not be any female robot masters this time.  (Splash Woman just never went over well with me, but then again "Mermaid Man" doesn't make much sense either...)  Finally the release date, as predicted, is March 2010.

So far MM10 is reminding me of the Mega Man PC games.  (Didn't I say that when Mega Man 9 was announced?)  I am sure that it will end up being really good though.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 07:44:37 pm by marioman »

Offline Revned

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »
Aww, I was hoping to see a couple more female Robot Masters. I thought Splash Woman worked well.

Offline marioman

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2009, 07:21:49 am »
Official Mega Man 10 Trailer

Included are silhouettes of all of the bosses and gameplay for their respective stages.  Can't wait for this game to be released.

Also available are official sites:

Rockman 10 Official Site
Mega Man 10 Official Site

The Mega Man 10 site has music up.  One of them sounds like the music from the stadium stage.  Also confirmed is are last two Robot Master stages: highway and old castle.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:02:56 pm by marioman »

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2009, 04:22:08 pm »
You know that MM10 fangame that some person on YouTube's been making? Apparently Capcom('s PR drones) can't tell it apart from the real game. Even the official site is confused!

Oh, and here's the silhouettes of the robot masters from the trailers (stolen from GameFAQs). Let's do some hardcore guessing!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 04:45:01 pm »
The music sounds equally as good as in MM9 at the very least :)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 05:32:11 pm »
That's hilarious about MegaPhilX's game.  I saw the banner, but I thought that it was a joke on Capcom's part.  Now that I see the Comet Woman background for the official site, I am beginning to think otherwise.  When MegaPhilX released info on this "Mega Man 10" game, I was wondering how much confusion it would cause if a real Mega Man 10 came out...

After looking at the silhouettes I think that the fire-themed boss looks like Wario's dragon hat from the Wario Land games.  Also, if the knife boss's name ends up being Blade Man, it will be the fifth boss name to be shared/reused from Mega Man III PC.  (The other four being Oil Man, Wave Man, Torch Man and Shark Man.)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:40:18 pm by marioman »

Offline marioman

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 08:28:47 am »
A leaked video of the Mega Man 10 demo at the Consumer Electronics Show reveals the names of the remaining Robot Masters:

Blade Man
Solar Man
Sheep Man
Chill Man
Commando Man
Nitro Man
Strike Man
Pump Man

Sounds like a nice lineup.  It makes me want to actually play the game.

EDIT: Video has been removed, but this link has a screenshot of the stage select screen.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 10:11:37 am by marioman »

Offline Revned

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 12:06:34 pm »
Here is a video of Strike Man's stage through the mini-boss.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 02:24:02 pm »
Hmm, Chill Man, eh?

It would be funny if they had not only Chill Man, but also Armor(ed) Man, Boom(er) Man, Launch Man, Mammoth Man, Mandrill Man, Sting Man, and Storm Man.  :P

(I was going to say Flame Man and Spark Man but those are already done...)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:25:41 pm by JonLeung »