Author Topic: Hello! I'm KungFuFurby  (Read 24057 times)

Offline KungFuFurby

Hello! I'm KungFuFurby
« on: March 04, 2014, 04:18:48 pm »
Hello everyone! I'm KungFuFurby, SNES music composer (three SNES games, all of them homebrew, have my music in it: Uwol ~ Quest for Money, MazezaM Challenge and Tchou. Tchou is by dieudunet, and the other two are by Alekmaul), and inventor of many SNES music modifiers... on the order of at least 100 games or so.

I'm not really a map ripper, but I have discovered secret passwords in the past since I have the ability to look up ASM... all the way down to the opcodes without using a debugger! The main discoveries I make are in the music category, which is why I'm usually contributing to SNESMusic.org.

I can also sometimes invent level modifiers. That's good for accessing unused levels if needed, although the level modifiers are sometimes not perfect...

Offline YelseyKing

Re: Hello! I'm KungFuFurby
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 06:07:40 pm »
Hah! What a surprise to see you here, old friend. Seems I'm always running into people I know; small internet and all that, I guess. I just registered here myself not too long ago, but it seems like a pretty friendly place.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 06:08:50 pm by YelseyKing »

Offline Trop

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:20:13 pm »
Hey Furby, what's up.  I already mentioned to Yelsey in another thread that I've got Phantom 2040 almost mapped out if you guys ever want to try for it's SPC set again.  As far as my own problems, you mentioned level modifiers?  I could use one for Ardy Lightfoot.  The third level is essentially unmappable since the camera never changes from a preset path.  Know any way to break something like that?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2014, 10:46:44 pm »
Hey, some new blood! Welcome to the forum to you both, YelseyKing and KungFuFurby. It's been a bit quiet for a while around here and we definitely need some action! I've been stuck in a sort of mapping funk for several months now and maybe seeing some active projects might help me shake it off :).
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline YelseyKing

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 12:08:24 am »
Heh. I hear you about things being slow. It's been near-dead at the SNESMusic forums for quite some time, as well. We actually have quite a number of SPC sets dumped, but not tagged. I'm hoping that'll pick back up eventually, too.

Offline KungFuFurby

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 07:22:02 am »
Well, well, well! I came across this one purely by accident figuring I would try to go for the music first (level modifiers are usually tied to the music in some sort of array)... I got the level modifier for Ardy Lightfoot! And maybe a bit more.

Ardy Lightfoot
Level Modifier
7E0060xx
00-04, 06-09, 0B-0E, 15-19 are all working levels using this code.
12 is the password screen.
13 is the Game Over screen.
14 is the password screen already set up.
1A is the title screen.
1B-1C, 21-24, 27-28, 2B work OK. They are quick cutscene sequences. The catch is that they're not meant to loop.
1F, 26, 33 partially works... it's another cutscene. However, the graphics are a bit glitched in at least one section.
20 is the opening.
29-2A accidentally lets the camera follow the main character, although it's a functional cutscene otherwise.
I don't think anything above 37 works at all.
Any value I did not mention should not be tried, mainly because of graphical glitches.

Hmm... well, it's a start for a level modifier.

Offline Trop

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 02:13:58 pm »
Whoa you did that fast, and they work great, thanks.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 07:37:57 pm »
Yo Firby! It's PixelPusher. I haven't been here in a while myself but have contributed a few complete maps. Good to see ya around. Hope the music scene is going good for ya. I love your tunes!

Say lah Greet!

Offline KungFuFurby

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2014, 08:22:39 am »
PixelPusher from the Stencyl forums (and thus the creator of Goldman's Adventure), I presume?  ;)

Offline Trop

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2014, 07:21:19 pm »
Hey do you guys know a good site for GBA GSF's?  Zophars doesn't exactly have a great selection.

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 03:17:37 am »
PixelPusher from the Stencyl forums (and thus the creator of Goldman's Adventure), I presume?  ;)

Yes! Tis I. I'll polish that game up one of these days! Let the music play all play all.. All night.. Oops. got a little bit of Lionel Richie stuck in my head just now. = D

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 03:20:11 am »
Hey do you guys know a good site for GBA GSF's?  Zophars doesn't exactly have a great selection.

The only other place I know of with a nice collection unless you know about here. It's the home of the Winamp GSF as well.
http://www.caitsith2.com/gsf/

Offline Trop

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2014, 10:21:18 am »
That's great.  Thanks.

Offline Trop

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2014, 10:20:30 pm »
I noticed at SNESMusic nobody did Record of Lodoss War so I thought I'd rip it as I play through the new translation.

Offline YelseyKing

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 09:30:04 pm »
I noticed at SNESMusic nobody did Record of Lodoss War so I thought I'd rip it as I play through the new translation.

Oh, cool. I was considering going through it, but if you are... that means I don't have to. :P

Also, if you want ripped game music... http://hcs64.com/mboard/forumlong.php?showthread=26929
...you're probably not gonna find a better collection of it than this!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 09:31:04 pm by YelseyKing »