Author Topic: Zeric's Current Mapping Projects  (Read 25902 times)

Offline Zeric

Zeric's Current Mapping Projects
« on: November 10, 2006, 01:00:02 pm »
Hello everyone. I haven't mapped that much since the last time I registered here on VGMaps. Taking it a bit slow. Here are some pviews of the games I am currently mapping.

Akumajo Dracula (X6800)

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1153/stage02pd7.png

Super Mario World (SNES)

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3254/donutsecrethousent9.png
Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Offline RT 55J

RE: Zeric's Current Mapping Projects
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 01:34:52 pm »
Although we already do have a complete set of SMW maps, it looks like your maps will be much better looking.

---

Dot? Dot. Dot!

Offline Revned

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 02:23:14 pm »
Wow, those are looking great. Zeric, you are without a doubt one of the best mappers here.

Your SMW maps raise an interesting question. Would Jon replace maps that have received the MotM award?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 04:56:42 pm »
I don't really want to replace maps for a number of reasons, least of which is that they've gotten a MotM recognition.

Mostly because, unless you can make a good case why maps should be replaced, it seems like redundant work for you and wasted time for me putting them up again.  Plus, since graphics aren't usually "ours", if I make a habit of replacing maps, one of these days someone's just going to tweak someone's map or just reposition the screens a little and take credit.  How do I know they're not made from scratch?

It's a touchy situation.  I have replaced maps before, but those times it was to create a better sense of consistency by replacing some one-time mapper's twenty-minute "project" with a better map by someone who did the rest of the game.  It's not something I liked doing, and so I would definitely not want to feel pressured into replacing entire map sets.

Of course, I could have more than one set of maps, but again, why if they're not too different?  Especially in the case of ripped maps, which most are.  Yet unfortunately I have accepted them in the past already *coughGuardianLegendcough* but that's not a practice that seems worth the space.

I say if we welcome people into the forums and share mapping tips, most maps that get sent in will be the best that they can be the first and only time they're sent in.

Offline Revned

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 05:08:56 pm »
That's pretty much what I thought you'd say. If I were running things, I'd replace original maps with screenshot maps if the original maps didn't include lots of extra info. For example, I'd get rid of Star Fighters' Zelda II maps. Then again, if I were running things, I probably wouldn't accept original maps at all.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 11:39:44 am »
Welcome at last Zeric! And glad that you're still mapping Castlevania (X68000).

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 09:17:01 am »
It's nice to see you, Zeric. The Castlevania map looks very good. I haven't played many X68000 games (to be exact I only played one - Lemmings) but I might consider looking someday which other conversions have made their way to this computer as the conversions seem to be of high quality most of the times.

Offline Zeric

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 04:07:41 am »
I have started another project and this time it's Wai Wai World for NES. The game is not very long so it shouldn't take to long to map the game.

I also add two maps for Portrait of Ruins similar which have the same looks as my old castlevania maps.

Castlevania World

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7805/castlevaniafm8.png

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruins

Nation of Fools 100%

https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/582/nationoffoolsbx0.png

Forest of Doom 100%

https://img208.imageshack.us/img208/6306/forestofdoomgp1.png
Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Offline Zeric

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 04:10:05 am »
It seems like I can't edit my older posts, any idea when I can do it?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 10:52:59 am »
Sadly, that's a limitation of the 'New User' account. I think JonLeung said editing post was supposed to be a default ability, so if that's the case, maybe Bustin98 just didn't get around to do it.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 11:28:50 am »
Yeah, I am in favor of allowing new users to be able to edit posts.  Hopefully Bustin will fix it soon.  I need to make a few modifications to my Mega Man list.

Offline mephea

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 09:29:46 am »
zeric, how are you mappping portrait of ruin?  its not even out yet! are you playing it on your pc or something?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2006, 10:20:28 am »
I'm guessing you're playing the Japanese version.

Mind if I wait until the North American version comes out?  Or are you sure of the English names of the locations?

Offline Zeric

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2006, 02:48:38 pm »
The maps of Portrait of Ruins are far from complete and I am also not 100% sure of the locations names.