Author Topic: Screenshot Autostitcher  (Read 122002 times)

Offline Maxim

RE: Autovgmapstitcher
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2008, 04:48:56 am »
The map stitcher has a "decimate frame rate" option to enforce the interval after the screenshots are dumped, but of course it wastes some disk space and they have to be 100% dumped, no dropped frames. You can instead just reduce the low threshold to allow the stitcher to keep working, but depending on the situation that might not work. Else you'll have to do some ROM hacking to get the effect you want.

I might look into implementing a "freeze palette" and/or "freeze tiles" feature in Meka. At least, if I ever get time...

Offline DarkWolf

« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2008, 01:46:57 pm »
I tried my hand at making a stitcher for human-taken screenshots this afternoon.  It's pretty fast until you get to an area that has a lot of solid/masking color or repeated patterns.

I prototyped it in PHP, I'll try a C port soon, but unfortunately that's only going to get me so much in terms of speed.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2008, 01:00:16 pm »
I made a new version:

http://www.smspower.org/maxim/utilities/screenshotautostitcher.html

The big features are:

- AVI support, eg. for DosBox videos

- PNG, PCX, GIF support for screenshots

- Can stitch much larger maps than before

Offline Maxim

« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2008, 12:48:41 pm »
Another new version (0.7) is out. Masking was broken in the last version; I added a few helpful GUI controls and rearranged it into tabs to leave more room for the map (which was getting squeezed out on small screens).

Offline Piranhaplant

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2008, 05:42:15 pm »
This program works great!  I'm sure it will be very helpfull for some of my future maps.  The avi support is very helpful, and I probably wouldn't use it without that.  I hope to see some new versions soon.

---

Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)
Games I have mapped--Zombies Ate My Neighbors (SNES), Mario Party 3 (N64), Super Mario Bros Deluxe (GBC), New Super Mario Bros. (DS), Mario Kart DS (DS)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2008, 08:11:46 pm »
Hey, Piranhaplant, do you have a website with all your maps on it? And can I see the Mario Kart DS maps you've made (the remaining ones), before they're put on here? <_<

Offline Maxim

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2008, 02:03:39 am »
Piranhaplant Said:
This program works great!  I'm sure it will be very helpfull for some of my future maps.  The avi support is very helpful, and I probably wouldn't use it without that.  I hope to see some new versions soon.

---

What program is producing your AVIs? What would you like to see in a new version (apart from more speed and better stitching, of course)?

Offline Piranhaplant

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2008, 09:54:34 am »
I actully don't have a website, you will just have to wait each week until they are put up here.  I am using either cam-studio, snes9x, or visual boy advance to make the AVIs.  There's not really any new features that it needs, just what you said, speed and accuracy.

---

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2008, 02:06:43 pm »
You can't like put the images onlike photobucket, imageshack, etc? Oh well.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 04:51:11 am »
TUK, please stop map-begging! Getting them a few days early really doesn't enrich your life that much, and if you applied your enthusiasm a little more constructively, you could even make them yourself and get them before anyone else does.

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 05:26:14 am »
I asked, he said no. I accepted it, pretty much.

Offline Mikemc

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2009, 05:11:33 am »
1300 images whooo! I only need it sor ~50 :P

- Mike

Offline Hikaruon

Re: Screenshot Autostitcher
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2013, 08:28:37 pm »
I liked this software
Currently I used together with Bizhawk , but in my project to mapping, the game use "bottom menu" and this disrupts the map, except if I creat maps do Up to Down.

That software would be nice if it were incorporated into Bizhawk in my opinion.

Offline feos

• TASVideos.org
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2013, 09:06:14 am »
Add cropping or a mask not to read the menu space..

Offline Hikaruon

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2013, 09:36:16 pm »
Add cropping or a mask not to read the menu space..

Thanks ^^
But, when I was trying to record the video to pick up sky areas, the program Glitchy the map.

https://i.imgur.com/J4R6jrM.png