Author Topic: R20 Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works (Mega Man art book)  (Read 61634 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: R20 Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works (Mega Man art book)
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 10:57:05 pm »
I used to eat up each new story she wrote, but that was way before I learned more about the Mega Man universe and the various franchise that Captain N used. After taking a more active interest in Mega Man, Metroid and Castlevania lore, it became apparent that most of her writings simply diverged too much from them.

I still can't get over her making Mega Man and Break Man (I wish she wasn't using that name instead of Proto Man) living machines while every other robot is a faceless, soulless automaton (even Roll barely does anything).

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2008, 11:21:00 pm »
As I probably mentioned several times before, I used to be email-pals with Mandi Paugh.  I wonder what happened...

Offline Rew

« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2008, 06:30:04 pm »
I wish I were email pals with Mandi. =(

(What did happen, BTW, if you don't mind my asking?)

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2008, 12:31:18 am »
Let's hope R20 gets translated and published faster than Zero Complete Works was. As for Zero Complete Works, I recently found a complete set of scans of it, but it's just not the same as a physical book. Fortunately, Amazon is selling it for 24$ :)

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Rew

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2008, 10:06:54 am »
Yeah, does anyone know if R20 (which I guess over here will be called M20 =P) will contain full bestiaries and trivial info like that?

Little tidbits like that make the OCD in Rew very happy. =D

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 05:49:51 pm »
Rew, you can find a whole bunch of scans here. From what I've read on a random forum once, it does seem to include almost all the enemies in every games.

As an aside, I need to point out that I just receive my copy of Mega Man Zero Complete Works :D!!! I actually had to order the sucker twice since the mailman, being unable to deliver the package to me in person (because, would you believe, I actually *work* during the day?), sent the package back to Amazon with the mention "Undeliverable", which is total bullshit because every previous package from Amazon was simply left at the local post office instead. Thank you Canada Post >:(

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2009, 07:46:35 am »
According to the UDON release schedule, R20 will receive a 2-volume Western release near the end of the year.  Time to start saving some money.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2009, 09:11:27 am »
It's great that we're finally given a potential release date, but I hope the two separate volumes have a similar amount of material.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2009, 11:38:14 am »
On a semi-related note, I received the Dreamwave Mega Man comics last week (the very short-lived one that lasted only four issues, I got the single volume that includes all four).  I've been busy so I didn't write a review yet (though I did have time to read it, as it's a fairly quick read), but I could write a review in a few days if anyone's interested in Dreamwave's take on Mega Man.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2009, 08:41:02 pm »
I'd be interested in knowing more about it, though from what little I've heard, it's basically Mega Man with a dorky name going to school with Wily's nephews.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 09:56:37 pm »
Yes, there is a subplot where "Rocky" (not Rock) goes to school.

The fourth (but final) part was handed over to a different artist, who not only drew closer to Capcom-style, but also drew in cameos of two other Capcom characters and several "real" Robot Masters, and luckily that didn't include any of the school or Rocky-alter-ego stuff.  Would have been nice if that set the standard for the series if it wasn't known it was the end.  Even if Dreamwave hadn't gone bankrupt, a epilogue and cliffhanger that ties directly into the Mega Man X probably would've ended the non-X series.

(I never did get around to watching the last episode of the Ruby-Spears Mega Man cartoon but I know they also brought in visitors from the future, ie. the Mega Man X series.  It's like they were both eager to tie Mega Man to Mega Man X right before it all ended.)

Ah, but I said a full review of the comic should come later.  So I will save the details for later.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2009, 06:56:19 am »
Did anyone actually care for me to write a synopsis/review of the Mega Man Dreamwave comic series?  I can still do it, it just kind of fell low on my priorities list.  But if someone wants me to write it up I can bump it up a little.

Anyway, looks like we have the covers of the artbooks now, courtesy of UDON's recent blogpost.

User posted imageUser posted image

Funny, of all the images they could've used for Mega Man, the main one is the same one I used back when I featured the Mega Man games as a front-page feature...

(I think Zero's creator (you know who I speak of) appears a bit too prominently on the Mega Man X cover.  He even thrusts his name/logo out there.  Isn't the mere reference of him supposed to be a spoiler from Mega Man X 4?  Also, X appears at least twice on the cover of the original Mega Man's book.)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: R20 Rockman & Rockman X Official Complete Works (Mega Man art book)
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2010, 07:55:35 am »
A late impulse purchase, but I decided on a whim to buy these two Mega Man art books last night from Amazon.ca.  I should have them in a week or so.  Other Capcom art books were recommended to me while on the site, but then I decided to also pick up another book I've been meaning to, Ray Kurzweil's "The Singularity Is Near", which is totally unrelated to Mega Man (other than references to the future and robots).  Go ahead, read about it on Wikipedia.  The technological singularity is interesting stuff.  (EDIT: Maybe the book is outdated now, or at least partially, since it has predictions for 2010...why do I usually buy things late like this?)

Looking back on earlier posts in this topic is funny, like when I asked where Mega Man 9 was (in reference to Mega Man X not being Mega Man 10), since that was before we'd even heard of Mega Man 9.  And now, Mega Man 10 (not X) is upon us.

But how I actually found this topic again a couple minutes ago was that I was looking up (on a whim), "Game Boy is two words" in Google, where this topic comes up as one of the few results, and unfortunately brings my grievous error up, where I said earlier that I would slap anyone who thinks it's two words, when I meant to say that I would slap anyone who thinks it's one word.  :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 07:57:38 am by JonLeung »

Offline Rew

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2010, 08:08:19 pm »
I ordered both books, more than a week ago, from different places, and I'm still waiting...for *both*! >=0(

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2010, 12:29:01 am »
I was waiting for both to be released before ordering them, then I got sidetracked with all the Christmas shopping. Thanks for reminding me, as I'll order them tomorrow :D
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)