Author Topic: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 206100 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
However the Super Mario Kart maps were ripped, I imagine Yoshi's Safari could be done the same way.  If I recall, it's just an angled rotating flat surface thanks to the power of Mode 7, so it can certainly be mapped.

Offline Will

I cannot seem to find Mario and Wario anywhere, being a Japanese game I don't know what it's japanese title is in translated Japanese symbols to our international alphabet.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
I'm pretty sure it's "Mario & Wario", though GameFAQs also lists it as "Mario to Wario".

Offline Maxim

"to" being Japanese for "and". Try looking it up on Wikipedia.

Offline Will

At last "Mario is Missing!" is finally finished. I have already sent in the remaining maps of Rio de Janeiro and New York over. Jon, if you still don't know whether you should keep the edutainment games here or not I have a vital article from Wikipedia:

"Since this game was not actually developed by Nintendo or Shigeru Miyamoto (they sublicensed the characters), it bears little resemblance to earlier Mario titles."

Of course this piece of the article means the two games are best removed from the list, but of course this doesn't matter to me, my maps will be up on the site all the same and anyway that decreases the number of games to be mapped so the SNES recreation can be finished quicker. I'll think about what to do next.

Lastly Peardian and Stefan Mahrla, are you ready to resume your work on Yoshi's Island and finish the map set?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Stefan's not much of a regular, though we do see him sometimes.

I don't know why Peardian hasn't signed up, but I think he said he wanted to work on other things before returning to Yoshi's Island.

Offline Will

I'm on to mapping "Mega Man Soccer". I know what you're thinking 'about time too'. Already I have done half the football fields. And I just know that game maps will be here on the site the very next weekend.

Offline marioman

Thank you!  I can't wait to see the finished maps.

Offline Rew

I feel like Super Metroid should be somewhere on this list. =P

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline marioman

Metroid was not in the original atlas, so it will not be in this one either.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Not that the Metroid series isn't worthy.  I sure would like Super Metroid maps too.

Actually, Super Metroid had its own Player's Guide.  (I still keep my grid-paper in-game map in mine!  :D)  Maybe we'll make another topic to tackle every game that ever had their own dedicated Player's Guide from Nintendo Power.  o_0  Though after the Super NES era, they really churned out so many, pretty much every major first-party game.  The quality of most of the N64-and-later guides never seemed as good as the old ones.  Or at least, much less original artwork specifically for the Player's Guide.  Mario Mania (the one about Mario, but also the then-new Super Mario World) and The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past were two of the best ones.

Hmmm, like Super Metroid, they also had a Nintendo Power comic.  The trifecta of perfection, those three.  The real Triforce.  LOL, I'm such a geek.

Offline Will

I have entirely finished the Mega Man Soccer maps and submitted them. Almost everything is finished in Chapter 3, all we need to do is wait for Geminiman to finish off Mega Man X2.

Offline Will

If you ever think about putting Super Metroid as a replacement chapter for Startropics, you can call that chapter "Microchip Metroid", that'll sound influencing. I'm already onto Mario & Wario and so far finished Level 1.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
I was thinking more the Donkey Kong Country trilogy, actually...

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

I always thought the DKC games'd be hell to map...

and would you just be doing the foreground, or backgrounds as well?