Author Topic: Super NES Game Atlas (a "continuation" of the original NES Game Atlas)  (Read 213911 times)

Offline Will

Yes absolutely correct Ultimate Koopa. What sort of chapter name should the Donkey Kong Country series have in this recreation atlas? How about Diabolic Kong Congo for starters.

Offline Will

Today the Mario edutainment games finally are removed from the list as per my logical reason from the Wikipedia article. I'm already onto Level 2 of Mario & Wario. Those levels are a lot larger than Level 1.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

Diabolic Kong Congo (DKC) -- rofl?

I really wish I could do some of these ... but one thing I always wonder, how do you make a screenshot of a screen with an enemy, then take the next screenshot without the same enemy appearing on the 2nd screen? Or do you somehow 'paste' the background over it to erase any copies?

Offline Will

What have you been eating Ultimate Koopa? Lol! Are telling us you know how to do a simple thing like layer and sprite switching? I use Zsnesw142 to do that. Press buttons 1-4 to toggle the layers. Layers 1-4 are the backgrounds to the foregrounds. Sprite layer are the animated portable objects like the playing character. Sometimes when you're moving around, the second background moves slower than the first background so that its hard to align them and paste them together. The strategy is to make a screenshot of the 1st background and paste it over the 2nd background then paste on the foregrounds and sprites. For example paste trees over a hill and not vice versa. You'll soon get the hang of it I'm sure. Look it up in Mapping Tips and Guides.

Offline Maxim

1. Disable sprites in the emulator. Works great if you don't want any enemies on the map at all.

2. Use the image editor's eraser to remove the part with the enemy before you "fuse" it into the background. Works great in Paint Shop Pro with its "floating" pastes. This is what I do mostly.

3. Use the game's tile-based nature to overdraw the parts in question with graphics sourced elsewhere. I do this when there's bits I can't easily fix with #2.

I was thinking something like that. I am aware of layer switching, though <_<

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Mega Man Soccer/Mega Man's Soccer is up!  That'll be checked off here, I expect marioman will soon check it off his Mega Man checklist as well.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Mario & Wario (J) has been started by Will Mallia, knocking out the last X in the Mario chapter.  Thanks, Will!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Yoshi's Safari has been completed by Mike007.  Thanks, Mike!  Also, Piranhaplant is considering mapping Yoshi's Island.  The Mario chapter is almost complete!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the maps Zeric contributed for Mega Man X 2 today has completed not only that, but also the "Mega Mechanical Mayhem" chapter!

I'll let marioman check that off his own Mega Man list...

Offline marioman

And someone put up some Yoshi's Island maps.  Not sure which ones though.  It's a nice game.  I hope that it will be fully mapped some day.

Yes, the Mega Man X2 maps complete the game.  Checking off of my list now.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Sorry, yes, Piranhaplant submitted Worlds 2-2 and 2-4 to Yoshi's Island...forgot to mention that in the excitement about the Mega Man chapter's completion...

You know... it has been suggested before... I think, but (off-topic) could you add something which shows a 'New' icon beside maps which have been recently added? Another idea, although which wouldn't work, would be to add a column showing the date the map was added, however, you'd have to somehow find out when all 10,000+ maps were added from May 6, 2002.

Offline Revned

This is something I've asked for multiple time .It would be trivial to add a timestamp if this site ran off a database (hint hint).

Offline Will

That's gonna take a lot of space in every atlas and Jon probably can't remember every individual map ever put up. An extra column will be required and I think it would be best to remove the format column, as most of the maps are ripped and only a few are original, so the original maps should be indicated in colour code, red for original and the standard weblink colour for ripped.