Author Topic: Wario Land 2 (GB)  (Read 70974 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

RE: Wario Land 2 (GB)
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2009, 11:59:51 am »
I know it's hex. I was just saying that the 51 levels go from 00-32. I know why it's 32 because 32 is the "33rd" value. or 3x16 + 3x1 (48+3 = 51).

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2009, 02:32:17 pm »
Is there any one here with enough experience, unlike me, to be able to possibly make some GameShark code or something, that enables you to shift the screen/camera, to a certain fixed position depending on 2 seperate variables for vertical and horizontal shifting? Maybe 2 seperate codes for vertical and horizontal, or 1 for both, whatever?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2009, 02:27:19 am »
Could be. Try a Raw Candy exploration of RAM.

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2009, 06:03:54 am »
I don't have any experience whatsoever with RAM editing *sigh*. The most I know is that RAM stands for Random Access Memory, that's more or less it. And also, as the first paragraph said, are there any experienced-enough people here that would be able to make a GS code that enables some movement of the camera to any position?

Offline alucard

Re: Wario Land 2 (GB)
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 02:01:28 pm »
Whatever happened with this game? It looks like the maps were never finished.

« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2010, 10:57:23 am »
Such a shame, as this was a pretty fun game, and the maps should be somewhat interesting.

Offline alucard

« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2010, 02:06:32 pm »
Such a shame, as this was a pretty fun game, and the maps should be somewhat interesting.

So you still are unable to finish them? You still need cheat codes?

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2010, 10:13:59 am »
If there's a simple cheat code to either free-fly around the stage (like the debug modes in the original Sonic games), or at least one to change the location of the "camera", that'd be good. I think the latter one would be better, if it's possible since I could have the screen at the very top left corner, take a screenshot, then move the screen not quite a screen to the right, to leave a small bit overlapping, so that it's easier to stitch, and keep going to the very right of that particular stage, and then continue, but roughly one screen below, etc (which is pretty obvious). Although the "free-fly" type code would be just as useful, I think.

The "You still need cheat codes" in your post, seems to imply that you have something of interest <_<, well it'd be a bit odd if someone was to say something like "You still need cheat codes"? "Yes", "Well I haven't got any" :P
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:15:20 am by The Ultimate Koopa »

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2010, 04:43:54 pm »
Are there actually any new codes for this game at all? I'm sure the ones on GSCentral for any device, Action Replay, X-Ploder, etc, are the same as they were about 8 years ago. I'm sure by now, there's bound to be some code that will have something to do with the camera position, or maybe a sort of large code which enables you to simply move Wario anywhere on the screen, even through walls, in any direction (exactly like in the old Sonic debug modes)?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2010, 09:01:23 am »
Cheat codes aren't that hard to create if you are familiar with the console and its tools. Hacking in free movement is harder, I've done it (for Sega 8-bit games) a few times, but it usually ends up being a sizeable chunk of code.

Online TerraEsperZ

« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2010, 03:07:12 pm »
Maxim's right. With NES and Game Boy game where memory is limited, stuff like the player's coordinates are almost always in the same spot so they're usually easy to locate and manipulate. For example, just start a memory search, then move Wario horizontally to the right by a small amount then search for an increased value. Sometimes you can turn this into a code right away with the value of your choice and sometimes you'll have to note the address and make a code yourself. And even if you can do this, sometimes simply changing your coordinate will move your character where you want him to go but the graphics won't update to reflect your new surroundings.

In short, you can encounter many challenges and although it's not as easy as using a no-clipping code, it can still help you reach and map otherwise unreachable areas. Hopefully you'll give it a try.
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Wanopio

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2014, 03:43:19 am »
I have uploaded the rest of the maps for the regular chapters (SS Tea Cup, Maze Woods, In Town, Syrup Castle) of Wario Land II. As you all said, it houses so many secrets in this game.

Maps for additional chapters are in progress :-\

« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:44:28 am by Wanopio »

Offline Raccoon Sam

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2014, 02:13:09 am »
A very promising Wario Land II level editor was released just recently. For screenshots and more information, see the original forum post.
Maybe that helps?