Author Topic: Transformers Movie discussion  (Read 177426 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Transformers Movie discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2006, 09:53:52 pm »
I think he just looks brand new, which would make sense since he does get rebuilt as a brand new Camaro during the movie. And all that open space I expected, if only since they seemed to be going for the skeletal robot look as well as allowing to make them much bigger as robot from all the unfolding and panels shifting around.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 07:35:46 am »
Michael Bay Said:

That is our non shootable - just scale reference - totally undetailed robot. It's like shooting a plastic toy compaired to the total c-g model from ILM.

Totally undetailed?  Wow, the full CG model must be really something.

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 08:25:16 am »
See, I thought something was missing :p

I figure there's no way that contraption could even move how it would need to move to be realistic. Though it could be useful for closeups, like Jurassic Park had dino heads for close ups.

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 03:52:53 pm »
Since the teaser was leaked to the net early, Dreamworks decided to put it up on the movie's website in advance. Take a look:

http://www.transformersmovie.com/

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 09:05:45 pm »
Thanks for the link, Terra.  It sure took a while to load, though.

I'd already read about the teaser trailer a day or two ago.  While it looks better than I imagined it would after reading about it, it's still not what I would've done for a teaser.  Ah, well.  Unless I had a concrete idea and was involved in the thing, I guess it wouldn't matter.

It's a step closer to reality.  Well, not really, but it's the first official thing they could show of it that most people will probably see with Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest next week.  The buzz begins.  Then when we get a full trailer...and the real hype...then the movie...wow.  Then it'll come out on DVD sooner than it should, we'll watch it again, and then be bored of it all again.  *sigh*  But then if there are sequels...  *hopes*  That would depend on the first movie being good, of course.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 09:32:10 pm »
I just hope the real trailers will actually concentrate more on their ability to transform, since so far it's the only thing that separates them from the standard evil aliens of the week.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2006, 12:18:31 pm »
Is there any place to find the first batch of photos again?  I can't believe all that I saved were those three close-ups above which really don't show anything about the vehicles themselves.  >_<

Offline StarFighters76

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 07:03:39 pm »
I honestly do not know what to think of this movie. I mean, from what I gathered, it's gonna focus alot on the humans. If that's the case, it'll be a real disappointment, because if I'm gonna see a movie about transforming robots fighting, I wanna see transforming robots fighting, not a bunch of humans trying to develop a relationship with each other.

Another disappointment, lack of Transformers, mostly Autobots. That makes no sense really.

I'm gonna see this movie nonetheless, because I love Transformers as a kid, and still do. But what I'm worried about, will this movie top the original one? I'm kinda hoping it doesn't, because how can you top the first movie?

---

Creator of over 360 maps on GameFAQs. ^_^
Creator of over 4,300 maps on GameFAQs!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2006, 10:09:13 pm »
Here's a picture of what is probably Optimus Prime's vehicle mode as was posed on Ain't It Cool News.

User posted image

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2006, 07:42:23 am »
You know I'm going to say WTF at that.

Though he is still a truck.  And he has at least some red, at least at the front.

Well, I won't say I downright hate it...at least not until I see the robot form.  Well, it might work after all...compared to some of the other changes, this really isn't too bad.  See, I'm warming up to it already, kinda.

I'm guessing they're not going with the "magically disappearing trailer".  Heh.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2006, 08:57:24 pm »
I hear there are images of his robot form now, though maybe it's a smaller model, as I thought Bumbleebee was the only full-sized robot model they were going to build.

According to TFW2005.com, supposedly he "appears to be similiar to G2 Laser Prime and has similiar visual features to G1 Optimus Prime".

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2006, 10:35:31 pm »
There are enough attention-seekers in the fandom that I wouldn't trust anything about inside sources until a picture makes it to the web.

Everytime a new line was about to come out, some fans have claimed inside sources which more often than not, were either proven completely false or were vague enough to fit just about anything.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2006, 08:11:53 am »
Apparently it's been confirmed that Peter Cullen, the voice of G1 cartoon's Optimus Prime, has been confirmed to do the voice of Optimus Prime in the movie.

Frank Welker, the voice of the G1 cartoon's Megatron, has apparently auditioned and is being considered.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2006, 11:03:35 am »
While I'm not bothered with having Cullen (though not overjoyed either since I'm not that attached to his voice), I seriously don't want Welker to reprise his old Megatron voice. I always thought he sounded stupid with his raspy "lifetime smoker" voice and felt it had no presence. Now, Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron, *that* is the voice I've always given Megatron in my head.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2006, 11:42:07 am »
Welker gives Megatron a much more menacing tone. No one else has done the same. All other wannabe's laugh too much. What kind of evil leader laughs? Not that the original didn't laugh, but it was no cheesey laugh, for sure.

And the voices will lend to bringing in audiences that have not seen TF since they were young. Hearing familiar voices is sure to bring back memories.

But reports from Comi-con indicate that Peter is in the running, but nothing concrete so far, unless there have been updates to the reports??

---

Cool beans