Author Topic: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned  (Read 256897 times)

Offline Trop

Re: Peardian's map projects in progress and planned
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 05:55:12 pm »
Congrats on finishing another 3D project.  And summer semester?  You're working to hard.  Take it easy.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 06:37:22 pm »
Guess what? I started and finished another project. I ripped all of Mario vs. Donkey Kong's lost e-Reader levels and have already sent them off. I was hoping it would take me longer, but there were only 13 stages. They're really quite interesting and not as polished as the regular levels.
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Rew

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2010, 07:40:11 pm »
Congratulations on finishing Mario Kart 64! (And MvD e-Reader levels.) You're a mapping machine.
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2010, 09:25:05 am »
Thanks. The maps are up on the site now. Also, Mission 5-9 from Topsy-Turvy is already on its way in. Can you believe Artoon shamelessly copied one of the rooms from an earlier level, with different sprites?

I'm not sure when I'll begin my next N64 project, as I plan to spend all of next weekend playing SMG2!

Edit: Finished the Tale of the Spirit of Kindness! The last mission is almost entirely copied rooms! For shame.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:08:56 pm by Peardian »

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 11:25:45 am »
I tried to start Space Station Silicon Valley, and shortly realized that mapping it is insane if not impossible. This is the closest thing you'll get to a map of it from me. Don't worry, I'll still be doing the GBC version.

[img width= height=]http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/9089/spacestationsiliconaaaa.png[/img]

Offline Trop

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 06:32:30 pm »
That is awesome, and don't think that's not a good map.  It's like a 3D version of the slimmed down maps I made for Secret of Evermore.  You could do the whole game like that.  Don't give up because the textures won't cooperate.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2010, 10:01:59 pm »
If it were just the textures, that would be fine. But it's also every collectible and every menu. There's no way I'm going to manually place 20+ objects on every map when I can't even see them until I collect them.

Offline Trop

« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2010, 11:08:42 pm »
So don't worry about it.  You and everybody else on vgmaps seem to always go that extra step of adding sprites, names, and other things that are non static parts of maps.  Not that it's a bad thing of course.  But try making a map that's only map.  Just the place none of the things. 

Or *light bulb*  I've got a great idea!  We could do a collab!  you could make the maps and I could mark them up.  It's been forever since I've done a collaboration, and I've played through SSSV so I know the ropes.  Any interest?

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2010, 06:02:12 am »
That is a possibility. However, unless you have your N64 hooked up and the game handy, I really don't think you'll have any better luck than me. For now, though, I'll work on something else.

Edit: YI 2-5 is done! I never realized just how many wing clouds were in that level. This means I am 1/3 done with the game!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 04:13:46 pm by Peardian »

Offline alucard

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2010, 01:19:15 pm »
It would be cool if you could map Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, and also Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2010, 01:37:08 pm »
Partners in Time is very doable, but for now Bowser's Inside Story is impossible until DesSmuME gets better. I would start on it myself, but I wanted to try contacting the person known as Vice, who has been submitting nice big complete room rips to The Spriters Resource to see if he would like to make maps to submit here. Since contacting him is proving impossible, I'm might just go ahead and do it myself. M&L3 will be tricky in that all the levels are composed of 3D squares, meaning I could literally have to piece together everything manually or do a lot of screenshot editing.

Edit: Guess what? Excellent news! Thanks to much help from a friend, I ripped the JPG images from Ocarina of Time with a hex editor! Yay!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 07:52:43 pm by Peardian »

Offline Trop

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2010, 09:33:36 am »
Great!  Does this mean you're really going to do Ocarina of Time?

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 12:06:54 pm »
Yep. It will only be a matter of time. Progress might initially be sluggish, but we'll see. Right now, I'm focusing on the Yoshi games.

Also, I've added another game to the list of my planned mapping projects. ;)

Offline Rew

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2010, 09:04:30 pm »
These Yoshi's Island maps look really impressive! You put so much work into them; I wonder how you're going to last until the end.

And I'm stoked about seeing those Ocarina of Time maps! It's only my favorite video game of all time. ;)
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 06:24:28 pm »
Bit of a special update! In order to help out with the Cutting Room Floor wiki, I went ahead and mapped Wario Land 4's debug level. (I was going to anyway, but not so soon.) I have plans on mapping the lost rooms in Yoshi's Island, though I was originally planning to save them for after I finished the game.

I also mapped the next YTT level, complete with a shamelessly recolored room from just three levels earlier.

Edit: YI's done, too.

Edit: Only one normal mission left in YTT. Can't wait to finish this game.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:48:02 pm by Peardian »