Author Topic: Mega Man Robot Masters Tournament!  (Read 66709 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Mega Man Robot Masters Tournament!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2006, 12:10:25 pm »
Two more votes:

Mega Man VI: Though choice, because almost all the  Robot Masters have great designs (due to the robot design contest plot). I ended up voting for Knight Man, because he just looks tough and dignified with his shield and flail.

Mega Man VII: Alot easier this time, since I found more them rather boring surprisingly. I finally chose Turbo Man for two reasons: he's a transformer (oh, like you didn't see that one coming) and because of his appearance in the "Dr Wily's Happy Evil Fun Time Show" flash animation in the following scene about what Robot Masters would like to do:

Top Man: I want to be an Indy 500!

Quick Man: I want to break the sound barrier!

Turbo Man: I just want to go home and eat chips...

Top Man: ?...

Quick Man: ...

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2006, 12:44:52 pm »
I think you're referring to "Interview With A Damp Wire", one of the Flash cartoons included in this:

Atomic Fire's Flash Comics

I like most of the Dr. Wily Shorts, one of which has Turbo Man in a truly Turbo capacity...

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2006, 02:08:23 pm »
Yeah that's the one. I got it from another site, and for some reason I never quite got the title when they sung it (for a french-speaker, some english sentences are just too non-sensical to be able to deduce the words correctly when you're not sure of what you've heard).

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2006, 08:22:14 am »
Great.  We got a tie for Mega Man VII between Turbo and Shade.  Looks like someone forgot to vote that day, too.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2006, 09:47:17 pm »
Mega Man VIII: Actually ended up voting for Clown Man. Sword Man has a great voice but he just looks too stupid to me. Tengu Man almost me it however, since I just like his Tengu Blade.

Mega Man & Bass: It was a tie between Burner Man and Pirate Man, but in the end, Burner won. He's a pyromaniac, pure and simple, and unlike Cut Man, his insanity shows in his posture and facial expression :)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2006, 09:54:46 pm »
Tomorrow's poll (or actually, I think in a few minutes if the poll changes at 10 PM my time which I THINK it does) is a rematch between Shade Man and Turbo Man, who both tied in Mega Man VII.  I only want one from each game, so this poll will determine who will represent VII.

Offline Revned

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2006, 10:30:14 pm »
Go Shade Man!

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2006, 10:43:33 pm »
No, go Turbo "Transforming, Chips Eating" Man!

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 07:35:25 am »
Oh, great.  It's early in the morning (for me) and I see we've got our usual six votes and it's tied again.  >_<

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 07:38:34 am »
Thats funny.

Ok, I purposely voted to make a tie. Is that evil? But two other members voted after I did so its not entirely my fault.

---

Cool beans

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2006, 12:53:32 pm »
If Turbo Man can maintain his lead, this is what the finals tomorrow will comprise of:

Mega Man: Ice

Mega Man II: Metal

Mega Man III: Magnet

Mega Man IV: Skull

Mega Man V: Gravity

Mega Man VI: Knight

Mega Man VII: Turbo

Mega Man 8: Sword

Mega Man & Bass: Pirate

Hmmm...metal pirate swords?  Metal knight swords?  Magnets and metal?  Pirate skulls?  Gravity and magnetism and turbo...ness?  On ice!

I dunno...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2006, 07:42:47 am »
We're on the finals and Pirate Man is cleaning up?  o_0

You guys know that it's not the Mega Man & Bass poll but the FINALS today, right?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2006, 08:10:32 am »
I guess that concerns me since I too voted for Pirate Man :D

Well personally, there's a strong visual element to my preference and Mega Man 8 / Mega Man & Bass (which esssentially use the same graphic style) simply have much better looking Robot Masters with more unique styles.

In comparison, all the Masters in the first game basically looked like Mega Man with custom helmets and different colors, and it wasn't until Mega Man 4 or 5 that we truely started to get more differentiated designs.

Nowadays, they all have different proportions and truly unique styles and body parts. Take Ground Man for example; he doesn't nearly look like anyone else and instead looks simlar to be a drill tank in a humanoid body. Pirate Man looks like a robot pirate, while Astro Man looks, well, like a goofy robot torso stuck to a giant bowling ball.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2006, 10:44:25 am »
Looks like I voted against the crowd in vain :(

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2006, 12:11:26 pm »
I would've thought the later ones would've been less popular since the games themselves are...

You'd think the older ones would have been replayed more often at a time when fewer games were available, so a nostalgia factor would be there, and the later ones less popular as people found the series becoming stale.

But I guess when you have only 6-7 voters here who likely have played them all...

In any other scenario, I would probably bet on the winner of such a tournament to have been from one of the first three games.