Author Topic: Mega Man Robot Masters Tournament!  (Read 66774 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Mega Man Robot Masters Tournament!
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 09:44:58 am »
TerraEsperZ Said:
Speaking of edit JonLeung, any way for you to edit the first poll and add in my Cut Man vote? Just in case ;)

I don't think I can do that, but it's not even going to make a difference even if I could.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 10:17:27 am »
No :( ! I wanted Cut Man (whose real name is Cutty McBlade, no really!) to win! You're all a bunch of bastards you know, not giving him is one big chance to shine.

Screw you guys, I'm going home!

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 10:56:53 am »
Ice Man could take Cut Man down any day of the week and you know it.

Offline Dan

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2006, 11:37:07 am »
No way man, Cut Man would kill Elec Man and then use his power to crush Ice Man :P  You could say that Ice Man would kill Fire Man and use his power to kill Bomb Man and use his power to kill Guts Man and use his power to kill Cut Man, but that's just not as elegant.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2006, 11:49:57 am »
Nah, he'd go for subtlety. He'd invite his fellow Robot Masters for a party or something and while all five of them were standing around a table, he'd throw one of his Rolling Cutter through the ktichen door and decapitate them all in one swoop. He's a bastard that way, but a winning bastard still.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2006, 12:21:08 pm »
Wouldn't he need to throw more than one?  I thought the only one-hit KOs were in Mega Man II...(Powered-up Atomic Fire on Wood Man or Metal Blade on Metal Man's rematch.)

Unless, of course, his skill with it is better than Mega Man's...which is probably what you would say.

It would have made more sense to have made your campaign to support Cut Man BEFORE the first day's polls were up...

Offline bustin98

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 01:06:15 pm »
Terra is always late to the party.

Next time, Terra, I'll vote for Cut Man.

AKA the sympathy vote ;)

---

Cool beans

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 01:10:07 pm »
Well, in the game I'm pretty sure he threw the blade on his head and it would always come back even after hitting you, so it's a real blade instead of some pseudo virtual blade that Mega Man generates with his Arm Cannon which disappears the moment it touches an enemy.

As for my vote, well I was practically not online at all during the first few days mind you. And besides, who cares about the poll really. I'm just goofing off with my favourite cutter ;).

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 02:33:03 pm »
Quick Man's cool, too, come on!

He's like a streamlined, faster version of Cut Man.  He also wears his weapon on his head and it also comes back to him, albeit in a tighter arc.  And they're quicker and effective against the Wily bosses.  Boomerangs > Pac-Man blades anyway.  And, uh, red and yellow is cooler than pink or orange or whatever Cut Man is.  So bleah!  ;P

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 02:48:19 pm »
If Quick Man hadn't destroyed me so often and so effortlessly when I was playing as a kid, he might have gotten my vote. Metal Man is the coolest after him but got my vote on account of having the best and most useful weapon ever. Boomerangs don't do shit to anything except Gutsdozer. Sorry Quick, next time don't be such an ass :P

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 04:14:24 pm »
Hey, the Quick Boomerangs also waste the dragon easily!  Don't forget that!  And being a tough boss makes him a cool boss!

Okay, so he's defeated easily with Flash Man's and Air Man's weapons.  Still.

What a coincidence, that's today's Bob and George.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 11:12:37 pm »
My choices to date:

Mega Man: Cut Man - He just looks like a crazy psychopath who loves to cut things/people >:)

Mega Man 2: Metal Man - Because his weapon is my favourite in the whole NES series

Mega Man 3: Gemini Man - None of the Robot Masters in this game really excited me, so I went with the one I thought looked cooler. Plus, he's got a cocky grin and can clone himself for added confusion/fire power :)

Mega Man 4: Pharaoh Man - I also liked Skull Man, but I just thought Pharaoh Man had more majesty.

Mega Man 5: Napalm Man - It was a close call between him and Charge Man, because of my childhood love of trains, especially steam engines. But in the end, Napalm Man looked less silly and more like a walking arsenal so he got my vote.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 11:34:46 pm »
Mine:

Mega Man I: Ice Man - He had the best looking stage, in my opinion. And ice is cool (oh god, that was bad).

Mega Man II: Metal Man

Mega Man III: Magnet Man - Tough choice. I like most of them equally, but Magnet Man had a fun stage. And you could fight Proto "Break" Man halfway through.

Mega Man IV: Skull Man - Almost voted Pharaoh Man ;)

Mega Man V: Gravity Man - His stage was very unique, unlike many of the other ones.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 12:29:53 pm »
Me and Revned sometimes think too much alike that it's scary (though there have been exceptions)...

His and my votes are the same with the exception of II (I prefer Quick Man, as I said) and the reasoning behind Ice Man (I think he's cutesy and humourous-looking, and has blue, unlike the other boring/too similarly-coloured Robot Masters). I ALSO almost voted Pharaoh Man. Whoa.

I think TerraEsperZ's choices were probably all my next choices that I could see myself voting for.

If TerraEsperZ had remembered to actually vote for Cut Man in Mega Man, then all polls have 6 votes - including today so far. We need at least a seventh one before the day is over to break the current tie between Gravity Man and Napalm Man.

Well, we don't NEED one...I suppose they could both go to the finals. But what if, with only six voters, we come up with as much as a six-way tie? o_0

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 01:15:54 pm »
I'd like to suggest adding two more polls if you're not too strict on the definition of Robot Masters: the Stardroids from Mega Man V on the Game Boy (not made by Dr. Wily, but then again the Masters from the fourth game were made by Dr. Cossack) and the exclusive Game Boy bosses, namely Enker, Quint, Punk, Ballade and the Stardroid leader, Terra (and maybe even the final Stardroid, Sunstar).

I think those two polls would be interesting, and since they aren't the most famous Masters, they don't stand much chance of ending up winning the final poll if that's what you might fear.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)