Author Topic: VGMaps.com Atlas Project: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)  (Read 307019 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: VGMaps.com Atlas Project: Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (PSX)
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2006, 07:25:56 pm »
Here's the first Entrance Hall (35C - 35I) complete with the complete background (no problem with the sky this time):

User posted image

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

B*tch, meet reality. Reality, meet b*tch. - Me
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2006, 10:23:50 pm »
I've changed the frame we're using for the blue candles, because Terra found out that there's a distortion problem with the old one. I guess I'll have to change the ones I've done so far...

Also, I'm going to try to do all the save rooms, loading rooms, and teleport rooms soon. That will be a quick way to fill up the map some more.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2006, 10:32:09 pm »
I hope the candles aren't messed up in too many places Revned. The candle problem I've only noticed with those blue candles seen in the Castle Entrance; it might only happen with those little candles on the walls.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2006, 10:34:24 pm »
It is only a problem with that type, but a couple of the maps I've done use them. It shouldn't be hard to fix, though.

Offline mephea

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2006, 07:18:13 am »
I just mapped 35, m through 35, r.  here it is.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=35m35rmepheabt2.png

i like purple, its my favorite color if you wanna mark my participation.

weird, how do i do thumbails? heh..anyhow, yeah, ill be lookin for less complex maps because i lack the appropriate skills you guys have.  

also, tell me how it looks and stuff.  i didnt separate the background because the windows pretty much shared individual screens, you cant really stick them together in any confusing manner.  pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease say thats good enough!

Offline Revned

« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2006, 08:12:34 am »
Looks great, mephea! Terra will probably want to separate the backgrounds, though, to make sure it looks just like the entrance hall he did earlier.

Thumbnails are tricky on this board. You post them like this: < link >imageshack/blahblah/image.png(< pic >imageshack/blahblah/image.th.png< /pic>) < /link>

... but I don't think you can post images since you're a new user.

Offline mephea

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2006, 10:15:55 am »
blegh

i didnt separate the backgrounds because it actually looks very nice without.  I understand separating when the entire background is visibly moving in 35 different directions. O-0

hurry up terra!  class time.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2006, 10:20:41 am »
It looks great, but I'll probably redo the background anyway, because I'm way too anal for my own good. But otherwise, it's perfect. And anyway, everyone will have trouble with the backgrounds in this game.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2006, 01:12:50 pm »
It would be fine normally, mephea, but the backgrounds in that room are exactly the same as the ones Terra spent forever working on.

Haven't you noticed that mephea keeps mentioning being in college, Terra?

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2006, 02:19:56 pm »
I know that she's going to college, but I didn't understand why she told me to hurry up. I thought it was a subtile joke I didn't get because of the language barrier :(

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Revned

« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2006, 02:20:39 pm »
No, I think she just wanted to hear from you before class.

Offline Dan

« Reply #101 on: September 18, 2006, 02:31:04 pm »
Will you guys be mapping the area to the left of the main castle gate?  It's not on the map, but it should be included in my opinion.

Offline Revned

« Reply #102 on: September 18, 2006, 02:33:58 pm »
I don't know, possibly, but I think it would be weird since it's not on the map. It would also widen the final image significantly.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #103 on: September 18, 2006, 03:04:28 pm »
Especially considering how long that part is.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2006, 03:19:55 pm »
Revned said:
Err, Jon, I can't edit my first post anymore without screwing it up since I don't have permission to use colored text or raw html. I was trying to add mephea's name in....

I should probably stop screwing with other people's posts without their permission, but I can certainly edit in mephea's name (and in colour).  What's the RGB value for mephea's purple?  (I'm at work and don't have anything that can check.)