Author Topic: Nintendo Power - 1988-1996 cover games  (Read 140117 times)

Offline Will

Re: Nintendo Power - 1988-1996 cover games
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2011, 12:37:28 am »
I am now working on the SNES game "The Adventures of Batman & Robin". The platformer style is very much alike the Magical Quest trilogy I've had experience with. Many familiar characters appear in the game including the Joker, Poison Ivy, the Penguin, the Catwoman and Clayface.

EDIT: I have worked fully on Street Fighter II Turbo. The difference between that and the first Street Fighter  II game is a change of colour pallette and a new bonus stage.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:25:30 am by Will »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 11:27:07 am »
Peardian submitted more maps for The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time last week.  That Forest Temple sometimes has me scratching my head, nice to have a map of that now, for sure!

As usual, Will Mallia is contributing a lot here on the Super NES front.  We've now got all of Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting, the first quarter of The Adventures Of Batman & Robin, and a tiny bit of Stunt Race FX...but if any more of that is to be mapped, it will probably need some fancy skills...

Offline Will

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 12:36:19 am »
I have finished the final fighting game on the list "Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers". Once again this game has different palette versions of the previous stages plus four new stages and fighters.

Offline Will

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 07:01:22 am »
I have been observing Gauntlet II for a bit and this randomness that occurs in the game play is the same level merely four rotational states so that the starting position begins at bottom-left, bottom-right, top-left and top-right. There is no north, south, east or west in this game. The question is which rotational state of all four to pick? I would personally do them when the character starts at the top-left. http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/563419-gauntlet-ii/faqs has maps done in certain rotated states, but it's hard to choose whether to follow it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:04:09 am by Will »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 08:24:25 pm »
Now that Will Mallia has started Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves, we now have at least some maps from every game in my first year of Nintendo Power, 1991, which is also the same first year for everyone who took advantage of that awesome Dragon Warrior deal.

Offline Will

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 01:49:20 pm »
I've just had a straight playthrough on "The Adventures of Batman & Robin". One thing you'll want to know is that the game is not purely a platformer like the Magical Quest trilogy. Only stages 1, 2, 4 and 8 have the left to right platforming style. Stage 3 is an explorative platformer with many doors to enter in a building complex consisting of three floors, so it may take a bit of planning to map. Stage 5 is a third-person driving stage with straight roads at first then rotating screen junctions and bends, so it's a stage I cannot handle. Stage 6 consists of a lot airborne platform manoeuvring making it hard to judge distances. Stage 7 has has maze-like flip screen rotating platformer style, but the in-game map would be useful. I shall keep you updated if I manage to map out further stages.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2011, 05:33:17 pm »
Somehow I didn't check my email yesterday - silly me!  Since I put up the amazing Sword Of Mana (GBA) maps up yesterday, if I had known I had also received all the maps from Secret Of Mana, I would have put them up on the same day!  When finally I saw them, I couldn't NOT put them up today - this game has Santa Claus in it, after all!

Secret Of Mana is an amazing game, and one I'd personally requested a few times.  Thanks, Tropicon!  And thanks for your work with Paco and Troy Lundin on Sword Of Mana, as well!  These Mana games are so cool.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 05:34:30 pm by JonLeung »

Offline Trop

« Reply #37 on: December 25, 2011, 10:05:11 pm »
Glad you like them.  As I was making the request list thread I saw the SoM request and thought "I already did that one", so there it is.  Working on Battle of Olympus maps was what motivated me to make the request list in the first place.  That might be the end of the Mana maps for a while, the rest of the series takes place on uncooperative consoles.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2012, 03:54:23 pm »
Peardian submitted the last of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, checking October 1995 off of our list.

Offline Will

« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2012, 11:27:22 am »
I have decided to start mapping the SNES game "Illusion of Gaia". All the map pieces and layouts are readily done at http://www.vgmapper.com/SysSNES/I/IllusionofGaia.html . However they need to have the starting positioned sprites and the letters to indicate which doors go where. I have finished and sent to Tropicon a prototype map, if the format of the map is acceptable and I gain permission to use the map pieces of the site to continue this project, I can finish what was started.

Offline Trop

« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2012, 03:17:33 pm »
Yes, as I emailed will his design looks great and the only suggestion I had was to make the hidden items stand out with a border or something.  I can never remember just where the black crystal glasses are.  Also now that I think about it maybe a highlight around switches in dungeons would be nice since some are less then obvious.

Offline Paco

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2012, 02:58:56 am »
i can't wait to see it. ^^
Legends never dies.

Offline Will

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2012, 10:38:34 pm »
The first of the Illusion of Gaia maps are up. Do you like the new layout. I thought letters in diamonds were quite new and matching. The hardest to assemble so far was King Edward's Prison. The blue bat critters look kinda cute.

Offline Will

« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2012, 02:56:34 am »
I have just worked on a single map of Bugs Bunny Rabbit Rampage. That first snow stage co-stars several copies of Willoughby the Dog, several copies of the Goofy Gophers Mac and Tosh and of course Elmer Fudd.

Offline LTIan

« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2012, 07:40:47 pm »
I'd like to see someone complete the maps of Road Runner's Death Vally Rally! :D Road Runner is one of my favorite Looney Tunes Characters! :D