Author Topic: Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)  (Read 129236 times)

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

RE: Donkey Kong Land 2 (GB)
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2008, 02:23:02 pm »
Maxim Said:
I'd say, expect approximately 1 post every time there's something to report, regardless of how often that is.

Well yeah, obviously, but I mean that doesn't mean that absolutely NO ONE shouldn't post for what... a month, does it?

« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2008, 02:25:05 pm »
Also, wow... I just realised, I registered on April 22nd 2006 :D yay! 2 year anniversary party .... <_<

Offline Eggz

« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2008, 02:50:22 pm »
The Ultimate Koopa Said:
Maxim Said:
I'd say, expect approximately 1 post every time there's something to report, regardless of how often that is.

Well yeah, obviously, but I mean that doesn't mean that absolutely NO ONE shouldn't post for what... a month, does it?

Yes, that's pretty much exactly what it means. Now if you'd please just pay attention to what we're trying to say, learn some patience and leave people to do their own hobbies in their own time without harassment.

And all these multiple unrelated posts are for the most part spam. Use paragraphs, they work.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2008, 09:01:40 pm »
If you want to keep this topic alive, let's explore this:

At the bottom of the previous page (at 100 posts per page), TUK, you said you can only map games with a horizontal scroll.

I am incredibly curious as to why such a limitation exists.

« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2008, 04:54:07 am »
Well, let's say there's a ledge that is more than one screen long, and on the first screen it's say, near the bottom, but as you move, the screen scrolls down, and the ledge is now near the top...

and instead of _______ you get ____-----

The only way I can think of fixing this, is to shift the screenshot down to level with the other screen shot, however that will leave awkward blank parts.  There's also the problem of random objects high ... and knowing EXACTLY where they are because there isn't any objects with a small enouhg distance from this object to determine precisely where to align the screenshot <___<

Also, Eggz? I am being patient. I was just saying that at least ONE person should post just ONE post at least ONCE in ONE month... not that every day should have every one posting 500 times...

Heck, I left this alone for about 3 weeks, and you just started having a go at me :(

Offline Maxim

« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2008, 05:32:47 am »
There's no "should" about it, nobody "should" post here unless they want to.

Of course you align the screenshots so the ledge appears normally. The "awkward gaps" are filled in by going back to the game, making it so it shows what's there, and taking another screenshot. Repeat a gazillion times and there's your whole map. You generally need overlapping screenshots anyway to be able to edit out the sprites.

What about when there's some gap that's never visible? Well, you can make it up or leave it blank.

Your example about when there's no way to align stuff (ie. image registration is impossible) is somewhat insurmountable - you just have to make your best guess.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2008, 06:05:04 pm »
Oh, so it's not some kind of physical impossibility that you don't map stages that are vertical, you're just not sure how to do it properly.

That's a totally different story then.  I was about to say that I'm pretty sure I could even recommend something as basic as plain old MS Paint to help your lack of verticality.  :P

« Reply #142 on: April 24, 2008, 03:55:49 am »
Yeah, I'm not a retard you know <_<...

I don't live in some kind of 2D world where everything is horizontal, where, for example, this text is completely one line <_<

Offline Fearnavigatr

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2008, 03:07:05 pm »
Well, Kannon's Klaim has been finished and submitted.

I will be moving on to a new map immediately, which will not be Lava Lagoon. To increase the diversity of... what I have available... when presenting the project work, I'll need to do at least one map of a different archetype from a later world. I was thinking perhaps a rollercoaster stage...

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2008, 05:06:43 pm »
Cool ... why not Lava Lagoon (as in why not just do them in order)? <_<

Offline Fearnavigatr

« Reply #145 on: May 05, 2008, 05:27:47 pm »
I said that, diversity so that I can give an all-covering presentation despite not having a full product. There's no possible way I can finish all maps in time of the project work deadline. I might not even be able to finish a single additional map, just compile examples of how the continued work process will be done.

But when all that is finished and this returns to being a spare time project, I'll go back to Lava Lagoon and continue in the correct order.

Either case, I'm halfway through Target Terror right now.

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2008, 03:23:13 am »
Cool... are you going to upload the maps to the site after each one, or do all the maps first, then upload them in one big bunch?

Offline Fearnavigatr

« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2008, 05:47:42 am »
When a map is finished, I submit it, so the former.

I won't finish Target Terror for the project (I will later though), but rather use it as an example of how an unfinished map looks after all/most of the ripping is done but before the blanks are filled.

I suppose I can share that (not that I believe most people here aren't used to the sight already):

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/9051/targetterrortx4.png