Author Topic: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?  (Read 79631 times)

Offline RT 55J

Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?
« on: June 13, 2008, 11:44:25 am »
Link

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Zeric

RE: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 12:32:01 pm »
I just read that as well hopefully they have some gameplay on E3. Come on can't E3 come any faster.

---

Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800)
Current Projects: Akumajo Dracula (X6800 - Final Stage) Mega Man X2 (SNES Sigma 2)

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA - 83%)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 01:31:29 pm »
I probably can't access that from work.  What's it all about?  Is it for real?

If only I'd put up those Mega Man('s) Soccer maps earlier this week, then I could honestly say that I believed we had all the Mega Man maps!

Offline marioman

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 01:50:13 pm »
Interesting...  It looks real enough, but the multiplatform thing makes me think that it will be a download.  Hopefully Capcom is learning their lesson and they will start making real Mega Man games instead of lame Pokeclones.

JonLeung said:

If only I'd put up those Mega Man('s) Soccer maps earlier this week, then I could honestly say that I believed we had all the Mega Man maps!

Minus Mega Man III PC.  I wish that Frenkel would respond to my PMs.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 02:11:03 pm »
In honor of this announcement, I'd like to share with you all this video on YouTube:

The Last Days Of Dr Wily

I found it quite funny :)

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 03:06:16 pm »
Try emailing Frenkel.  He's not a regular, so he won't see the PM if he never comes back.

Sure he submitted the maps for Mega Man (PC version).  If I recall, he asked someone else - anyone else - to add in the Robot Masters as he didn't get around to it or didn't care enough to.  So just 'cause he mapped Mega Man for the PC doesn't mean he'd want to map Mega Man III for the PC.

Maybe someone else will have to scour some abandonware sites for Mega Man III, load up some DOSBox, and map it, rather than hope for Frenkel to do so.

Offline marioman

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 03:52:10 pm »
The nice thing about Frenkel's maps are that they are a complete graphic dump.  (Which means that they even include areas that are typically off of the screen.)  Maps like that would be nice, but I guess traditionally ripped maps would be OK.

Offline osrevad

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 09:32:33 pm »
In response to the video TerraEsperZ linked to: Hahahahahahahahaha! Best skit ever.

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 05:48:04 am »
Firstly, can I just ask an annoying question, that is, how come that post above mine was the first post in the entire of VGMaps.com's forums, for a whopping.... 28 hours or so?

Secondly, what is teh video of? I can't view videos, so I don't know.

Offline Rew

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 07:05:03 am »
I'll believe it when I see it.

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 09:23:01 am »
I think the best evidence that people have a life outside this forum is that the weekends are often very quiet, so there's that explanation at least.

As for the video, it's a humorous live movie about Dr Wily being brought to realize that bad decisions by him and his staff are not only making him broke, but also unwillingly allowing Mega Man to keep kicking his ass. Realizing his designers are all idiots, he decides to do it all himself. Followed by shots from "Mega Man: Wily Does It Himself" with pictures and reviewers comments ("Unenjoyably difficult", "This game is literally impossible", "You can't not die" and "Sorry - Capcom"). Anyway, it's funnier than it seems from the description.

---

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." [...] The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. - Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 01:29:25 pm »
I thought that video was hilarious.  ECKS DEE!

Thanks for sharing!

Offline Rew

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 08:08:09 pm »
More Mega Man 9 updates courtesy of Protodude and his inside source, "The Shadow":

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.com/

Note that I remain highly skeptical about all of this--but if it's a hoax of some sort, then damn have they gone all out for it. =/

---

- Spark Mandrill

Offline Eggz

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 08:55:01 pm »
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/882/882116p1.html

So IGN'a gotten wind of it too, and if they submitted it to the Australian game evaluation board, like Rew said, it's either some ridiculously elaborate hoax, or we got something legit on our hands.

As for linking, you have the buy the appropriate thing in the gold store on the forum to get the link ability. Or Jon could be awesome and allow some people to do it (not saying anything against you Jon in the least, but it does get a bit annoying), but otherwise it's the only way I know of.

If only basic tags worked... :P

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline Rew

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 09:08:13 pm »
Not only that, but Wikipedia has already pegged it as a "confirmed" (if yet unannounced) title:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_9

Hoax or not, this is going to be an interesting ride. =P

---

- Spark Mandrill