Author Topic: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?  (Read 79783 times)

Offline marioman

RE: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 09:21:32 pm »
That Wikipedia article is yet another example of Wikipedia allowing unconfirmed information on their glorious site while they reject or remove legitimate information.  Sad...

Offline Rew

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 07:00:18 am »
What legitimate information did they reject/remove?

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline marioman

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2008, 02:15:37 pm »
Just about everything on Metroid - they merged about 50 pages of good information into 1 page.  There were many Mega Man-related pages that were removed.  They also removed the page for The Legend of Zelda: Mystical Seed of Courage and merged the OoA and OoS pages into a poorly written catch-all page.  Not to mention that they rejected the VGMaps page many times.

Offline Eggz

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2008, 09:27:16 pm »
Oh Wikipedia... and it's reasons like that that for such information you go and find topic specific wikis. Personally, I find the original wikipedia useless for most information, unless you're only looking for just the most base information.

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2008, 03:49:01 am »
Has anybody wondered if perhaps whoever compiled the database for that ratings site simply made a mistake?

Offline marioman

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 05:16:33 am »
It's crossed my mind.  Although I would think that there would be a LOT of paperwork and such that would have to be filled out in order to get the game rated.  Therefore, the chances of a mistake would be extremely low.

Offline Maxim

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2008, 01:39:18 pm »

Offline marioman

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2008, 02:00:45 pm »
It is interesting.  I assume that the scans are legit then?  The only thing that makes me uneasy is Splash Woman.  What, now Mega Man is encouraging violence against women?  All we can hope is that Splash Woman falls in the same category as NP's report about Zero being Mega Man X's canine sidekick.

Offline Rew

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2008, 02:03:57 pm »
Who wants first dibs on mapping the game when it comes out? =P

---

"So this is what it's like..."

- Spark Mandrill
From the Super Smash Bros. Brawl board on GameFAQs:
The only Fox News we're interested in is breakthroughs in his metagame.

Offline Revned

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2008, 05:21:55 pm »
Looks... odd. I certainly hope it's actually Splash Man, not Splash Woman. That would just be too out of place. Hmm...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 05:43:26 pm »
Looks hot.  I mean that.  And that's with or without "Splash Wo" Man!

(Now where are the other Mega Man games on the VC?  >_<)

That screenshot where he's rotating around that thing makes me wonder if this will look NES-like but occasionally have neato 3D effects.  Though I wouldn't want it to be entirely "Paper Mega Man" (a la Paper Mario, of course) as it should still be mostly grounded in classic 2D gameplay, which I do think they're trying to achieve.

They could still do something unNES-like but subtle (or optional) like giving the Robot Masters voices - that's what I liked about Mega Man 8, and it'd be the easiest way to make clear that Splash Woman is a female robot, as if the "Wo" isn't obvious.

They could also have an orchestrated soundtrack...but I for one wouldn't mind another oldschool NES sound chip soundtrack!  (Especially if they got the same composer for Mega Man II and III...)  They will probably have a soundtrack that would fit the visuals anyway.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 07:39:35 pm »
Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed by this, even though I understand the financial imperative behind the decision. While I vastly prefered the gameplay of the NES games, I grew quite attached to the art direction in Mega Man 8 and Mega Man and Forte.

I just hope that these screenshots are far from final, because so far this looks a bit empty, not to mention ugly tiles and colour choices. I would at least expect something as pretty as Mega Man IV or V, instead of the worst from Mega Man VI which is what this reminds me of. Not to mention that many tiles and sprites here look like they are either reuses or mods from existing art.

I just hope they at least spice up the old formula, like having an introduction stage and including Bass. I would have liked a bit more plot than the usual "Someone other than Wily is to blame but it's really him in the end" but it seems that despite all appearances, I'm not among the intended crowd for this :(.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2008, 08:53:45 pm »
All I have to say that it will be released for PC...OR ELSE!  :P

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2008, 06:53:27 pm »
Maybe someone will find a way to dump it and convert or recreate it into a NES ROM.  :P

But if you have any of the three current consoles, it sounds like it shouldn't be a problem.  And if you don't have one of the three current consoles, what's wrong with you?  :P

Offline marioman

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2008, 08:03:43 pm »
JonLeung said:
And if you don't have one of the three current consoles, what's wrong with you? :P

I would rather spend my money on REAL games instead of this modern junk.