Author Topic: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?  (Read 79779 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
RE: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2008, 09:18:06 pm »
The Wii is hardly a "passive" console, quite the opposite, and games like Super Mario Galaxy aren't going to play themselves...  >_>  Not to mention that you could get a Wii and only get so-called "REAL" games via the Virtual Console and, case in point, WiiWare.

Though both supporting and denying your points, I don't see that PC games are any different, especially compared to the other two...

But I digress...

Offline marioman

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2008, 05:11:17 am »
I agree. Just giving you a hard time.  :)

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2008, 02:45:02 am »
TerraEsperZ Said:
Well, I can't say I'm not disappointed by this, even though I understand the financial imperative behind the decision. While I vastly prefered the gameplay of the NES games, I grew quite attached to the art direction in Mega Man 8 and Mega Man and Forte.

I just hope that these screenshots are far from final, because so far this looks a bit empty, not to mention ugly tiles and colour choices. I would at least expect something as pretty as Mega Man IV or V, instead of the worst from Mega Man VI which is what this reminds me of. Not to mention that many tiles and sprites here look like they are either reuses or mods from existing art.

I just hope they at least spice up the old formula, like having an introduction stage and including Bass. I would have liked a bit more plot than the usual "Someone other than Wily is to blame but it's really him in the end" but it seems that despite all appearances, I'm not among the intended crowd for this :(.

At least, we'll hopefully get a nice soundtrack out of it.

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)

Introduction stage?  Booooooooo!  I want to jump right in and have all my choices at the beginning.  MegaRockMan shouldn't be like other games that always start out the same way.

My best guess for the reasoning on this is "Well no matter what we do, they'll always complain it's not like the old games, so let's just make it look like the old games."

Offline marioman

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 02:09:22 pm »
It's official!  WiiWare only for now though.  Can't wait.

Offline Revned

« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2008, 10:37:40 pm »
The real trailer is up. I'm actually fairly excited about this. It looks well done, from what I can tell.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2008, 10:59:50 pm »
"Classic Mega Man is back."

That's sort of ironic, considering how many iterations he has been through.

Also, it looks like they stole the bubble jumping puzzle from Wave Man's stage. Lazy Capcom. :P

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline marioman

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2008, 05:21:12 am »
Absolutely great.  I see that the trailer says that it will be multiplatform.  Very confusing.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2008, 09:18:43 pm »
A bit more impressed, but still not all that convinced by the level graphics. What little we've seen still feels a bit empty and generic, and that bubble puzzle lifted straight from Wave Man isn't too impressive.

I'll reiterate that I still hope they go beyond the classic Mega Man formula with some extras like a bit more story (why not a cut scene here and there aside from the intro and the ending), an intro stage, an option to play as Proto Man or Roll, etc. It's not like they can't do it because of storage space reason.

Frankly, the only two things that really teased my interest in that trailer was the music (seemed superior to Mega Man VI, which is already something) and seeing Roll flying on Rush Jet and seemingly having the time of her life (a nice little touch).

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2008, 01:36:42 pm »
TerraEsperZ said:

...an intro stage

No. Intro stages kill the replay value.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2008, 07:30:34 pm »
Let's just agree to disagree, although I fail to see how having more levels to play translates into "killing the replay value" ;)

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2008, 08:45:28 pm »
I guess if you just wanted to jump into any one of the eight main stages, if you didn't like the intro stage, then it kind of kills the excitement when you start up the game.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2008, 10:15:46 pm »
I just feel that if we're going to get a game that offers absolutely nothing new for a 'NES' game (except for a few swinging platforms an a female robot master), then I might as well not even bother with it.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2008, 05:29:31 am »
TerraEsperZ said:

I just feel that if we're going to get a game that offers absolutely nothing new for a 'NES' game (except for a few swinging platforms an a female robot master), then I might as well not even bother with it.

I feel exactly the opposite.  It is hard to mess with perfection.  MM7 and MM8 were quirky in some places.  (MM&B was a little better.)  It is nice to see that Capcom is moving back towards a formula that is tried and true.

Offline Eggz

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2008, 01:19:13 pm »
Hands-on with Mega Man 9

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890563p1.html

---

This looks like a job for Science!
This looks like a job for Science!

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2008, 01:45:25 pm »
Opening Movie

There's gonna be 16 Robot Masters, or I'll eat my socks.

---