Author Topic: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?  (Read 83368 times)

Offline TerraEsperZ

RE: Mega Man 9 Confirmed!?
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 05:00:58 pm »
They better include sliding and the Mega Buster in the final version though. Or maybe they'll make you buy it with bolts instead, which is something I find really irritating (having to buy an ability that should be there by default and has been, in the past).

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 05:36:52 pm »
RT-55J said:

There's gonna be 16 Robot Masters, or I'll eat my socks.

Magma Man

Galaxy Man

Jewel Man

Concrete Man

Hornet Man

Plug Man

Tornado Man

Splash Woman

No more, no less.  Start eating.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 09:50:36 pm »
You missed the part where Dr. Wily said he's building his own robots.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline marioman

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2008, 05:16:06 am »
I am thinking that they will be the bosses of his fortress.  Similar to Gamma on Mega Man 3.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2008, 06:59:09 am »
That would be cool if they were Doc Robots.  Remember those?  In Mega Man III, with the Mega Man II Robot Masters "returning" in them?  It would be so cool if there were eight, each with the combined data of all the Robot Masters of one of the previous games.  o_0  Or at least one from each.  I guess you'd have to exclude Mega Man & Bass, though you could at least have Tengu or Astro since they were in that as well as 8...

Of course, that's a geek dream, it's probably not going to be that way.  It would be nice if the game wasn't as short as the classic games, as you could probably beat most Mega Man games in one sitting.

I like how marioman, Rew, and RT 55J have Mega Man-related avatars, as easily seen in this topic.  (And Zeric has that dog from Okami, a Capcom game.)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2008, 09:59:56 pm »
Music from both stages in the demo

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline marioman

« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2008, 05:26:50 am »
Box Art  (Yes, it's official.)

QA With Capcom  Confirms a few things.  Such as there being only 8 Robot Masters.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2008, 08:38:29 pm »
I think it's too bad that Capcom are focusing almost solely on nostalgia in making this game. Since they're using MM2 as the game to live up to, they're ditching the mega buster and the slide, and apparently going back to a single 5 stages fortress. Oh yeah, and the story is really pathetic (even more childish than all the other ones; not only do people believe Light responsible, but Wily is a free man despite all he's done and people trust him!?).

I guess it was inevitable that, after so long, my idea of a great MM9 wouldn't measure up to the real thing, but I still wished they had gone full out and made this *the* definite 8-bit Megaman game.

I would have liked a more believable plot (not necessarily a dark one, but at least consistent with those that came before), the mega buster and the slide (non-negotiable), an intro level, having a plot twist occur after beating four robot masters (maybe retain being able to access all eight from the start though), have some hidden secrets and playable characters, and better graphics (they're not bad right now, but it looks a bit dull right now, which is too bad after the bright and vibrant stages in MM5 with color cycling and all). In short, I *liked* some of the changes they made over the years, and I'm sad to see them go just because *old school is better* according to some.

Asking for much? I know I am, and make no mistake, I'll still be buying this game, if only because disappointing but adequate classic Megaman is better than no classic Megaman at all. Maybe I'll be presently surprised and there'll be ton of neat stuff nobody was expecting, but I prefer to have no expectations at all so I won't be let down in case they fail to materialize.

And before some of you reply and state how some of the things I want are *bad* or *stupid*, well I'm just stating my opinion. It's the best way I can find to vent my disappointment (heck, I even loved the 32 bit graphic style from MM8 and MM&B and would have loved more).

---

Current projects: Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2008, 09:29:56 pm »
Here an 8-bit fanmade remake of Rockman 7 to keep you guys busy.

---

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2008, 10:05:13 pm »
Yeah, someone posted about that a few days ago on another board. I love the music and the 8-bit sprites for the Robot Masters, but part of me wishes someone had the skills to recreate Megaman 7 or 8 as closely as possible using a real NES ROM, if only to see how much would technically be feasible.

At first, I thought it might have been a hack, but I quickly realized that some stages probably had more tiles than the NES could hold in memory at once, not to mention some overly huge sprites that the NES obviously can't support like the robo-ostrich in Slash Man's level and the Pumpkin in Shade Man's. I've been wondering how a talented programmer would go about to try and replicate those effects on a NES (huge sprites are usually the actual background of the stage, with some fancy playing around with the scanlines to move it separately from the ground giving the illusion of movement).

Anyway, enough ranting from me already :)

Oh yeah, and I heard rumors that a similar project for Megaman 8 was in the works, but I don't know if it's true. I hope so :) I want to see how the heck they would manage Frost Man given how huge he is.

---

-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 11:10:36 am »
Here's the page for the MM8 project. It doesn't look like they are very far along. This page has some of the boss characters, and it looks like they shrunk Frost Man down to a quarter of his size.

Also, I wonder if anybody knows enough moonspeak to inform them of Zeric's maps.

---

Offline Ryan Ferneau

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2008, 12:48:36 am »
On Rockman 7: I kinda miss the clown boss, but I'm glad they made all 8 regular levels available from the start and cut that awful intro stage with the long, unskippable dialogue and two boring mini-bosses.  The shop system wouldn't have been impossible to include, considering it originated in the Game Boy series, but now I think I like just searching for the upgrades more, rather than having to keep track of prices and what's available when.  It's still fun to watch my brother get outraged when he falls for the game's many traps.  He doesn't seem to like being punished for lack of practice...

Offline vorpal86

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 12:07:09 am »
Hey folks. I watched that funny wily vid. It wont be long and all the mega man monster and game ideas will be hard to come by. I mean there are a lot of MM bosses and different levels in all the games. Someone will run out of ideas. I like Mega Man since MM1 as I played it like the second week it was out.

But on Topic; I assume the MM9 WiiWare released game is official. I read about it in my last months Nintendo Power Mag. I'll be looking forward to it. First though I thought about maybe relaxing (well, if it's possible with MM games) and playing a few old school classic MM's to get me back in the feel. I haven't played MM5 or 6 in a long time.

Also that MM7 game in Japanese is cool. Can't read the words but hey,it's nice.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2008, 10:04:17 pm »
Good news! Inty is releasing both the original soundtrack and an arranged soundtrack for Mega Man 9! Although the arranged one isn't out until October 10th, the original soundtrack is coming out today September 12th (but in Japan only sadly).

Enjoy a review of the original soundtrack, and tell me that doesn't tempt you...

---

Current projects: Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES), Bucky O'Hare (NES)
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline marioman

« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2008, 07:22:52 am »
Yeah, the soundtrack is out and half of it is on YouTube.  The music sounds really good.

Also, what do you make ofthis?  It is coming out for the PC?  *Hopes that it is true*