Author Topic: Mega Man NT Warrior  (Read 13172 times)

Offline Will

Mega Man NT Warrior
« on: March 14, 2009, 09:41:45 am »
Perhaps you have heard about Mega Man NT Warrior. It's fun to watch. There are certain bits and pieces in it which might be a bit complicated for a young child, like binary digits in programming.

When I first watched it I never expected Count Zap to sound like an English man or Mr. Match to sound like a Scots man, but they're illustrated really well. Mr. Wily is as I expected evil genius and Maddy as I suspected a yucky, brat. It's very interesting in the plot that instead of being excited about getting Mega Man from his father, Lan is very disappointed. Some episodes do follow the game story closely. It was a good change that instead of Tori being kidnapped and Mr. Froid being blackmailed, it is switched round.

What I don't like about NT Warrior is that Lan requires friendship with Mega Man to do program advance. What sort of programming is this? I'm disappointed that there aren't many chips and weapons. Another extra good bit is how Heat Man is illustrated.

You can give this one a try, although you may or may not find it in YouTube or Veoh.com.

Offline Tropicon

RE: Mega Man NT Warrior
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 11:00:59 am »
Am I the only one who hates this show?  The way I see it this is just another Pokemon clone.  It was popular at the time to have a character who summoned things to fight for him so Capcom just jumped on the band wagon.  I liked the whole idea of a machine vs machine war caused by man but not caused by enabled by and orchestrated by man.  The whole point is how the robots will act when the humans aren't micro managing them.  Mega Man 7, Rock Man & Forte, and the MMX series are all about this.  NT Warrior seems like a slap in the face to the original idea of Mega Man to me.

Offline Will

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 12:07:59 pm »
I see what you mean Tropicon. A Pokemon clone is probably a good theory. What irritates me about the show is the repetitive "Jack in!", "Power up!" and everything Lan and the others shout to their Netnavis. Why on earth would you want to shout to make it work? Sometimes I do regard NT Warrior as a tree with good apples and rotten apples.

Offline TerraEsperZ

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 01:17:47 pm »
You're all forgetting the Japanese way of shouting loudly and repeatedly for every action they're about to do/already doing. Like having Naruto shouting his attacks at the top of his lungs and then approaching his enemy slowly enough to give him a few seconds headstart to avoid/counter it.

Yeah, I don't get typical Japanese shows.

---

Current projects: Bucky O'Hare (NES), Metal Storm (NES), Clock Tower (SNES), Ristar-The Shooting Star (Gen), Sonic The Hedgehog (Gen), Sonic CD (Sega CD), Mega Man Zero (GBA), Battletoads (NES)
Current project that are on hold because job burnout :
-Drill Dozer (GBA)
-Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis)
-Naya's Quest (PC)

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 01:58:55 pm »
Or like Zero's constant shouting with every attack in MMX4?  I guess the Net Navi's need moral support.  I tried to get a Japanese speaking friend to tell me what Cless was shouting in Tales of Phantasia, before it was translated, but it was so embarrassing his only response was "he's just telling you what he's doing".  Maybe all this stuff is supposed to be enabled for the blind.

Back to NT Warrior; the little blond girl, I don't remember her name, don't you think she's modeled after Tron Bonne?

Offline Will

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 03:14:56 pm »
I believe that little blonde girl you mean is Yai, the rich girl with the super pieces of technology and luxury with her Netnavi Glyde. Her picky habits and deluxe spoiled needs are quite amusing. I've never heard of Tron Bonne.

Offline Tropicon

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 07:25:05 pm »
Yeah that's her, and never heard of Tron Bonne?!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/image/197896.html?page=2

She's the girl in the pink dress with the funny hair.  Yai has an almost identical personality to her.  It makes me wonder how many other adapted characters they have on the show, I'm not as familiar with Mega Man universe as I could be.  Shouldn't Lan's dad be doctor Light?

Offline marioman

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 08:13:30 pm »
Will said:

I've never heard of Tron Bonne.

You know it's a sad world that we live in when a Mega Man fan has no clue who Tron Bonne is...  :P

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 08:32:27 pm »
Mega Man Legends was certainly unique...

Tron Bonne was the best part of it, which is probably why she got her own game.

And if I recall correctly, she's also in Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.  Oh, and the Servbots!  :)

I always had trouble getting into the Mega Man: Battle Network series, other than Mega Man: Network Transmission on the GameCube.  I think I tried to start the first Battle Network game like three times and didn't get very far into it.

So in that sense, I think I enjoyed the cartoon a lot more, from the few episodes I did see.  A bit better than most of the imported Japanese shows, but I find it hard to believe you can like this but not like the more classic Mega Man in that OAV I posted in the other topic which seems to have spawned this topic...

Offline Will

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 12:51:19 am »
I apologise for not knowing Tron Bonne. I can't know everything. I learned about Ginger Rogers when I was 10 and learned about Cary Grant when I was 14 for example. Perhaps when I've had a chance to watch it, I'll discuss "Megaman NT Warrior Axess" on a seperate topic.

Offline Peardian

• Busy busy
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2009, 08:09:55 am »
I was never really into the show. Not that I disliked it, I just didn't care for it. That could be because I've never played through any Battle Network games myself, just watched my brother play them and did some virus-busting. However, I am very greatful that it introduced that kitty virus that spawned tons of adorable fanart. :3

---

YTT (34%) - WL4 (64%) - PM (41%) - YI (11%) - SMRPG (84%)
MM (10%) - SMA3 (33%) - DNS (0%)

Come check out the Nintendo 64 Mapping Workshop!

Offline Will

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2009, 11:24:54 am »
By the way Peardian there is a kitty virus on one of the NT Warrior Axess episodes which transforms into a Godzilla-sized virus in the real world.