Author Topic: JonLeung's Requests  (Read 46611 times)

Offline Jackster

Re: JonLeung's Requests
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2021, 02:22:34 am »
Refresh with Ctrl+F5 or Shift+F5.

Ah, that worked! I can see them now.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2021, 04:24:57 pm »
Despite today's date, no joke, all of Britannia and the Gargoyle World of Ultima VI: The False Prophet is now completely mapped!  The PC version is a personal favourite of mine, it's nice to now have every pixel here.  Confession: I don't think I've ever finished this legitimately, I'm always tempted to say "spam" x3 and "humbug" to Iolo...  We have FlyingArmor to thank for all these area maps, which must have been a lot of work, especially listing all those items!  Zerker contributed the world map of Britannia way back in 2012 which is awesome too.  Thanks again!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2021, 09:37:30 am »
George s, who loves arcade games, mapped my recent request of the Namco arcade classic The Tower Of Druaga.  Thanks so much!

Coincidentally, Pac-Man 99 was just announced the other day and released yesterday for the Switch.  At 2:01 in the trailer, you can see there is even a The Tower Of Druaga theme for it!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2021, 10:31:51 pm »
Speaking of Pac-Man, George s has once again indulged another arcade request, this time of Pac-Land.  Thanks so much!

Did you know that the music is from the Hanna-Barbera Pac-Man cartoon, as are the character designs, and that this game - a platformer - was actually released before Super Mario Bros.?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2021, 09:11:16 pm »
George s is keeping the Pac-Train going by fulfilling my requests for Baby Pac-Man, Jr PacMan, Ms Pac-Man, and Super Pac-Man.  Okay, I didn't request Baby Pac-Man specifically, but sure, I'm not going to say no to more of the Pac-Family!  Though there is a physical pinball element to that one, so it is certainly a unique game.

Thanks yet again, George s!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2021, 01:06:49 pm »
George s fulfills some more classic arcade requests, including Frogger, Q*bert, and the original Pac-Man, which we didn't have until now, believe it or not!  Yes, the original arcade version!  Isn't it, like, one of the most iconic video games ever?  Also, though I didn't specifically request it, he also mapped Pac & Pal for good measure, because why not get some more "Pac" games packed away?  Thanks as always, George s!

(I'll be publishing a review of "Coin-Op: The Arcade Guide" on my YouTube channel, most likely later today.  One of my concerns is the lack of coverage of classic games such as Pac-Man, Frogger, and Q*bert.  Then I realized how bad it looks saying that but not having maps of those games here on VGMaps.com...)

Offline Grizzly

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2021, 01:39:11 am »
While most Pac-Man stages look identically to the mapped stage 1, it also has the infamous final level 256 which looks half different. If it needs an extra map though is debatable because it is unbeatable, even with a map. :)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2021, 08:59:27 am »
I would certainly accept a map of that.  Perhaps there could be a raw one and one that highlights the areas that Pac-Man can actually traverse.

Is the proper name "Maze 256" or "Level 256" or "Round 256" or "Stage 256"?  I always like to use the in-game terminology, but if there isn't any, I would prefer to use something more accurate, like "Maze" in this particular case.  I would also use "Level" if that is indeed the accepted term for something like this that I imagine must be talked about a lot, I just usually avoid "Level" unless it is explicitly said somewhere within the game, as I feel the word is overused.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2022, 10:38:31 pm »
G.E.R. has been on a NES/Famicom mapping craze lately, and has fulfilled an odd request of mine, maps for Armadillo (J)!

Though I'm not usually a huge fan of pirate/bootleg/unlicensed games, I have (sort of) fond memories of being lent a Famicom game that claimed to be Super Mario Bros. IV, which didn't seem right.  Playing it was definitely different than what I would expect from a Mario game.  Mario rolls up into a ball?  What is this?  And actually, I didn't know for a while.  Only in recent years did I learn that the game was a bootleg hack of a game called "Armadillo", which would explain the rolling-up mechanic.  I'm glad to say that we now have maps of the real game, though I'm not sure how many people know of or would appreciate this the same way as I do.  Thanks again, G.E.R.!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2022, 11:15:53 am »
Thanks so much to Sonic fan and mapper G.E.R., we've now got maps for Knuckles The Echidna In Sonic The Hedgehog 2, sometimes known as "Sonic & KnucklesSonic The Hedgehog 2", due to it being those cartridges linked together with the former's "Lock-On Technology".

Who doesn't want some Knuckles in their Sonic The Hedgehog 2, am I right?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2022, 09:57:26 am »
Thanks to Jackster, we now have fully-marked maps of The Great Cave Offensive chapter of Kirby: Super Star!

Nothing wrong with Tropicon's maps which are usually unmarked, but in this case, I felt it was really important to have the treasures marked in that.  This awesome late-era Super NES Kirby game is now truly complete!  :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2022, 10:00:40 am by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2022, 06:07:09 pm »
Thanks to zagato blackfist, we now have 1:1 scale maps of Crystalis for the NES!  Really surprising we haven't gotten a full map set at the correct scale earlier...

Not long ago, zagato also mapped out Crystalis for the Game Boy Color, so we can compare them and see the differences!  I heard the music is different (well, you can't tell that here)...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2022, 08:14:04 pm »
zagato blackfist comes through with a double dose of Turtle Power, as of this evening, we now have complete map sets for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters, both for the Genesis!  Cowabunga!  And thanks again!

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters games are completely different between the NES, Super NES, and Genesis versions, so it's nice to now have all three to compare.

I wonder if anyone will ever consider mapping Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan Missions, a 1991 game for DOS?  It's a rather clunky game, I know...

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2022, 08:48:13 pm »
Thanks to Jackster, we now have maps of Plok!  I remember renting this a couple of times back in the day.  Rarely played much farther than the Bobbin Bros. rematch - or since it was the past, the prematch?  I do remember those annoying Penkinos, though.  I don't think I ever finished it for real... but now we can all at least enjoy seeing every stage!

Offline Jackster

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2022, 04:51:54 pm »
I remember first hearing about Plok when it was advertised through Burger King Kids Club. I definitely remember this comic page that was in the Kids Club Adventures magazine. Unfortunately, I never played it (that is until now).

One fun fact I found out when researching this game, is that the original creators of the game, John and Ste Pickford, now own the IP to the game as well as the Plok characters and has since created an ongoing webcomic based off of it, drawn by Ste Pickford himself.