Author Topic: JonLeung's Requests  (Read 46377 times)

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
Re: JonLeung's Requests
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2022, 06:18:29 pm »
A good day for some requests being fulfilled!

Thanks to zagato blackfist, we have maps of Dashin' Desperadoes which Hugbot originally requested, but which I seconded because it seemed interesting to me since I hadn't played that game until I heard about it just then.  Those are some long maps!

Thanks to G.E.R., continuing his DS conquest, we now have maps of the DS Castlevania games, which include Castlevania: Dawn Of Sorrow, Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin, and Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia.  There probably aren't many 2D Castlevania games left... are there?

Offline VGCartography

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2022, 12:54:03 pm »
Great job on the CV DS maps, GER.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2022, 10:42:27 pm »
Fresh off of mapping the three Castlevania DS games, G.E.R. continues with another three games in a long-running franchise, again on a Nintendo handheld, this time contributing maps for Final Fantasy IV Advance, Final Fantasy V Advance, and Final Fantasy VI Advance on the GBA.

Have you played these refurbished classics?  You may have played them on the Super NES/Super Famicom, but these versions have extra areas and bosses, and other tweaks like better translations.  Plus, portability!  (I know there have since been mobile versions and the "Pixel Remaster" versions, but the characters are redrawn and seem... off.)  Final Fantasy VI Advance might be my favourite Final Fantasy game of all.

Thanks again, G.E.R.  There probably aren't many 2D Final Fantasy games left to map, are there?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2022, 10:21:09 pm »
G.E.R. continues the DS streak with the Mario & Luigi games.  Today, I only had time to put up the maps for Mario & Luigi: Partners In Time.  Bowser's Inside Story was also submitted, but I'll have to put that up tomorrow or soon after.  Ironic that I ran out of time...

I remember playing this, but it was quite a while ago.  I do remember some amusing time hijinks, like Bowser in the past teaming up with Baby Bowser (his younger self), not knowing that they are the same person, and then even as they are defeated, Baby Bowser is inspired and vows to be as strong as Bowser... a bootstrapping paradox whereby it seems Baby Bowser is strong because he sees that his future self is strong...  Time shenanigans are always fun.

When they remade the first and third Mario & Luigi games for the 3DS, I wonder why they skipped over Partners In Time?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2022, 09:56:40 pm »
G.E.R.'s maps for Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story are now up, too!  Yay!  It's good to have another Mario RPG completed.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2022, 01:16:46 pm »
I wonder if I should sort out my requests somehow, LOL.  I want maps of EVERYTHING that is popular or cool.  Some of my requests are purely nostalgic for me personally, while some of them are popular games where I think "why haven't they been mapped by now?", etc.

Return To Monkey Island just got a release date of September 19 (less than four weeks from today!) and I was just talking in the VGMaps discord server about how surprising it is that we don't have full maps of ANY Monkey Island game.  Those are definitely high on a "why haven't they been mapped by now?" list.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 04:59:25 pm by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2022, 09:59:01 pm »
G.E.R.'s maps for Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles gets us another classic Sonic game done.  Strange how there aren't actually many unique maps after using the "Lock-On", but anything and everything from a series like this is appreciated!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2023, 03:33:36 pm »
G.E.R.'s maps for Sonic 3D Blast gets us yet another classic Sonic game done.  Other than the Japanese/Brazilian "Sonic Eraser" game, are we actually done with all the Sonic The Hedgehog games on the Sega Genesis?  If so, that's a milestone achievement!  What a way to ring in the new year!  Pun half-intended.  ("Ring", like Sonic collects rings...)  Thanks yet again, G.E.R.!

Offline G.E.R.

« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2023, 04:36:57 am »
Are we actually done all 2D-maps for all STH-games?

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2023, 08:49:02 am »
Are we actually done all 2D-maps for all STH-games?

No.  I had to look this up, since I wasn't a Sonic fan at the peak of his success, to be able to say offhand.

Taking a quick look at this list I found:
https://sega.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Sonic_games#2D_Platformer

...I immediately noticed Sonic The Hedgehog: Triple Trouble and Sonic Labyrinth, which I already know that we don't have here on VGMaps.com.  Those games are both on Game Gear.  Might have to scour that list if you want a definitive answer of what else we might still be missing.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2023, 07:18:46 pm »
VGCartography has mapped Super Mario 64!  It's nice to finally get an iconic game mapped.  And iconic it is, as the first 3D Mario platformer.  Thanks as always, VGCartography!  I'm always impressed with your fifth-generation-and-above maps.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2023, 06:38:39 pm »
zagato blackfist has continued with some Commodore 64 mapping by doing Crystal Kingdom Dizzy (E)!  Good to now have an early Dizzy game, or any Dizzy game, as they are underrated, and sometimes feel almost unknown in the Americas!  Thanks again, zagato blackfist!

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2023, 08:53:27 pm »
VGCartography has mapped Banjo-Kazooie!  It's good for another N64 platformer to be mapped, after Super Mario 64 last month.  Thanks yet again, VGCartography!  (Would it be too much to hope for Banjo-Tooie?)

Maybe 25 years ago, Nick Offerman would have appreciated these Banjo-Kazooie maps... as seen here at 4:28...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 01:06:33 pm by JonLeung »

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2023, 04:42:50 pm »
AlphaChannel has mapped Road Runner's Death Valley Rally!  It's on the list as it visually looks neat, but I guess it was really primarily for the Nintendo Power - 1988-1996 cover games bulk request.  In any case, that's another Looney Tunes game, so LTIan should be happy, I'm sure.  Thanks, AlphaChannel!  And for LTIan for getting me in touch with you.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2023, 10:52:29 am »
FlyingArmor has mapped The Addams Family: Pugsley's Scavenger Hunt!  It might be unusual for me to request a licensed game, especially from Ocean, even regardless of the fact that it was also on the Nintendo Power - 1988-1996 cover games bulk request.  But, hey, it's done!  Thanks, FlyingArmor!