Author Topic: Mega Man Maps  (Read 578038 times)

Offline Maxim

RE: Mega Man Maps
« Reply #195 on: June 03, 2008, 03:37:40 am »
It's not uncommon for games of that era to have differences between the packaging and title screen. On the Master System the prime example is "Secret Commando" (which matches the game) which had a box saying "Secret Command" (which doesn't match at all).

Consider that the developers had complete control over the title screen but the suits at Game Company HQ made the box art - hence the screwups you'd expect. (Notice the recent Wii Okami IGN screwup... things aren't much different now.)

Minor grammatical and spelling errors in the English text of a game developed in Japan are much more easily explained. A Winner Is You, indeed, Congraturation, etc.

Offline marioman

« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2008, 03:54:38 pm »
Update 6/14/08:

Will has ripped all of the Mega Man Soccer maps.  This leaves Mega Man III PC as the last classic Mega Man game to be mapped.  Thanks Will.

Offline JonLeung

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2008, 03:42:02 pm »
I wonder how many people care about Mega Man 3 for the PC, to be honest.  The NES Mega Man 3/III is probably my favorite Mega Man game (and is often at least comparable to everyone else's favorite, Mega Man 2/II) but the PC Mega Man 3 is nothing like it and looks rather bleahish.  Since Capcom didn't develop it themselves, I see it like the Mario edutainment titles or the CD-i Zelda games...something fans of those franchises could be excused from not playing.

Regardless, SOME abandonware site must have it, so that it could be mapped for the sake of completion...

I actually bought the first Mega Man game for the PC...why?  I wonder if I still have the original box and floppy somewhere, not that I plan to enjoy the game...  >_<

Offline marioman

« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2008, 03:54:32 pm »
The PC games aren't that bad.  

JonLeung said:

Regardless, SOME abandonware site must have it, so that it could be mapped for the sake of completion...

There is a fansite that has a lot of sprites from the game.  *hint*

Offline Revned

« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2008, 05:30:32 pm »
I thought they were terrible. The controls were the worst...

Offline marioman

« Reply #200 on: June 17, 2008, 05:58:34 pm »
What?  You don't like using the J key for jump?

Offline Will

« Reply #201 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:19 am »
I am currently having some problems making the Power Plant Network maps because I am not sure about putting links to divulge the invisible paths, that even defeating Elec Man can't turn off the invisibilty. I took a look at Megaboy's maps on www.interordi.com and somehow he has bridged the invisible paths with a gold mesh sprite. How did he do it? Did he make them himself or did he hack the games graphics to get it. Some graphics not shown in gameplay can be found in hacking process, for instance, some Graphic Modifiers on the Popuw forum have managed to find images of the prince and guards spiked, chomped and killed with blood, which was not shown in the gameplay. If anyone knows how the Megaboy used the bridging technique, I will try to follow the same method, otherwise I'll attempt to create my own bridges. Thanks in advance to whoever can brief me.

Offline marioman

« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2008, 02:15:21 pm »
And Will has ripped some more BN1 maps.  Not sure how many are left to rip, but I would say that he is getting close.  Thanks Will.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2008, 05:12:35 pm »
Is anybody currently mapping Rockman.EXE WS? I want to map a Mega Man game, but there aren't very many left to map.

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline marioman

« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2008, 05:18:22 pm »
Raccoon Sam mentioned that he may map it, but last I heard he could not get a WSC emulator working.  I would tentatively say that no one is working on it, but you would probably want to check with Raccoon Sam first.

Offline Will

« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2008, 10:58:17 pm »
If Geminiman isn't going to finish off Megaman 2X you RT 55J could, I don't think he'll mind unless he's in the middle of it (I can't be sure). Anyway marioman or anyone else I need help on how Megaboy mapped out the mesh links to connect invisible paths in the Power Plant Network System. (See Post above) If I can't get any way to link the areas of the Network sections then its unfinished.

Offline marioman

« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2008, 05:24:35 am »
Looks custom.  But, I wouldn't know for sure.  I haven't played BN1.  If they are not custom, maybe they appear after defeating Elec Man?  You could check GameFAQs and see if any of their guides tell how its done?  Or, you could contact Megaboy and ask him directly.

Oh, and Zeric is finishing off Mega Man X2.  He has mapped the last two maverick stages, and he just has the X-Hunter stages left.

Offline Will

« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2008, 06:26:38 am »
It turns out marioman that the mesh gaps that fill the invisible paths in Megaboy's maps are just the same roads picked out from visible paths except they been blacked out on every 2 squares on the x and y axis (if you know what I'm saying). If Megaboy can do that, so can I, I'll hopefully have some more maps sent in next week.

Offline RT 55J

« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2008, 10:55:45 pm »
Here's a rough WIP of the first stage in the WS game. The main reason I'm posting this now is because I'll be gone until Saturday this week and all week next week (for different reasons).

---

"its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys" - John Freeman

Offline Will

« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2008, 11:09:37 pm »
I wonder why the Japanese call Megaman, Rockman. This ridiculous. He is nothing like Stoneman, neither is he a rockstar or with rock n' roll. I like the look of the Wonderswan stage, and I'm sure you'll soon fix the bits and pieces around, keep it up.