Author Topic: Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament (MD)  (Read 171667 times)

Offline Maxim

RE: Micro Machines 2: Turbo Tournament (MD)
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2007, 12:15:01 am »
It turns out the Driller Killer one only appears on lap 2.

User posted image

Offline Maxim

« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2007, 12:40:44 am »
Sand Castles

User posted image

Offline The Ultimate Koopa

« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2007, 04:21:59 am »
I used "Micro_Machines_2_-_Turbo_Tournament_(E)_[c][!].bin"

With out the J-Cart thing.

And about the bonus games (Collect 30 Micro machines), there's only 2 types isn't there? The one on the wood/tree area and the sandy one?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2007, 07:04:52 am »
Is that the same one with Bricks N Trees in the time trial? I don't know how many bonus tracks there are, I'm hoping you know more about the game than me.

« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2007, 07:43:34 am »
Yes... another change is that when you leave the title screen running, and it shows a few seconds of some of the challenge races, usually it goes in this order: 1, 17, 2, 5, [credits], 9, 11, 12, 19, 20, 21, 23, i.e. in this case Training Camp, Pool Slalom, Driller Killer, Cob Challenge, [credits], Lights Out!, Whine On!, Roller Coaster, Musical Hits, Toaster Trouble, Ball Chase, Ups N Downs, however in the version I have, the 3rd demo is replaced with the 3rd race, so it goes Training Camp, Pool Slalom, Sand Castles... etc. I do have 2 bonus game levels, but you only have 30 seconds, would that be enough to cover the entire course?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2007, 07:47:48 am »
I have, or can make, Action Replay codes to stop the timer, and even if I didn't, it'd just be a matter of savestates.

« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2007, 07:58:37 am »
You can make AR codes? Hmm... you wouldn't be able to create a code that, I dunno alters the order of the tracks in any mode (Challenge, League, Time Trial), or that could replace tracks, like how Pipe Patience was replaced by Bricks N Trees, in my version? <_<

« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2007, 08:02:47 am »
Also the "Sand Castles" savestate I sent you actually is the first Bonus stage, because I accidentally overwrote the file after completing Sand Castles... but, you've done that one so it doesn't matter...

Offline Maxim

« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2007, 08:19:01 am »
Kega has an Action Replay trainer mode built in, the same as the real cartridge. The codes work in Gens too. However, this only lets you do RAM hacks for things like time, energy or lives. Hacks to change functionality (ROM hacks) require hard work with a disassembly and/or a debugger, and I have basically no experience doing that kind of work with 68K-style CPUs, and the debugger capabilities of Mega Drive emulators are very poor compared to the Master System ones I'm used to.

If we're lucky, the current level will be stored persistently in RAM somewhere and that would be PAR-controllable. However, I can think of several ways for the game to work without that being the case. I have already tried unsuccessfully to make a code to select the vehicle - having helicopters on every round would make a lot of things easier.

« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2007, 08:58:06 am »
Oh well... any more maps on the way?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2007, 09:12:17 am »
Come on, I made and posted one while eating my breakfast this morning and I've been at work all day! There's only so much one person can do. How are yours coming along?

« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2007, 10:15:15 am »
Haven't really done any... but I'll probably do some...

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2007, 10:50:56 am »
I done a map of "Tidal Trouble", but only the land area. I didn't do the water parts, and there's a few "pink" parts where the water should go... how do you add the water layer because I done it with Layer B turned off.. it also has a bit of text that needs deleting, as well <_<

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/6685/tidaltroubleqi8.png

How do you display images here?

Offline Maxim

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2007, 01:27:03 pm »
Use an image editor. I use PSP7 which has a super-handy Texture Brush mode which can fill in the water very nicely.

You should turn that text off in the Gens options, or use the mask to get rid of it.

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2007, 02:56:33 pm »
I used the mask to get rid of it, but some of it was still showing... also, I downloaded PSP 11 but I haven't used PSP for ages... how do you get the Texture Brush mode?